• wav - i hate distortion, and have a TB of disk

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • other - i do the opposite of what's popular

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • other - digital music is bad because the riaa says so

Votes: 1 7.7%

• Total voters

equinoxe3d

Would be tie between MP3 and Vorbis. Nothin' in the world like a smooth ABR 175kbps LAME 3.93-encoded MP3, or a 160kbps OGG file :headbang:.

WMA was promising, but Microsoft bastardized and killed it to the core IMO...

On the uncommon side, I still like tracker module formats (IT, MOD, S3M, XM) very much.

tommyj27

Not really Banned
i liked wma a lot, until i switched to linux, and making them play with xmms (winamp clone) became a bitch and a half, so i switched to vorbis and i've been happy ever since, although i need a much faster puter so i can encode in real time, that's kind of a drag:grinyes:

Shadowfax

<b>mod cow</b>
ogg is better than mp3 when it comes to quality...although the mp3's i make are pretty ok as well :)
but mp3 is widely used, so that got my vote :headbang:

Aunty Em

Shadowfax said:
ogg is better than mp3 when it comes to quality...although the mp3's i make are pretty ok as well :)
but mp3 is widely used, so that got my vote :headbang:

Ogg for the better quality, but I have mainly mp3s.:(

tommyj27

Not really Banned
Shadowfax said:
although the mp3's i make are pretty ok as well
admittedly mp3s encoded with a decent encoder like lame sound pretty good, unfortunately that doesn't seem to constitute the majority of mp3s floating around :(
i'm just waiting to see who releases a portable ogg player first, i've already moved from mp3 to wma to ogg and i'm not going to maintain my entire music library in both mp3 and ogg

equinoxe3d

tommyj27 said:
I'm just waiting to see who releases a portable ogg player first, i've already moved from mp3 to wma to ogg and i'm not going to maintain my entire music library in both mp3 and ogg

Some players like the IRiver SlimX ones can support OGG Vorbis via a firmware upgrade, as it's probably also the case with some other firmware-upgradable players :cool:

tommyj27

Not really Banned
I heard that IRiver was working on a firmware update but i hadn't heard it was released, might have to buy myself yet another christmas present :D

tommyj27

Not really Banned
Q. Do the iMP series CD players support Ogg Vorbis and/or MP3Pro?

A. At this time, time iMP series CD players do not support Ogg Vorbis and/or MP3Pro. Our Research and Development team has these codecs under consideration to support in the future.

Berserker

MP3 still's the best and the most cheapest media that I can download free these days..:D
other things needs money of course...:eek:

Congrats, it's my 100th posts....:D