When momma says

Gonz

molṑn labé
Staff member
...let's go look at that car (I've mistakingly told her about), DON'T GO. It'll cost you.

2005.dodge.magnum.20074751-E.jpg

2005 Magnum SXT 3.5L with less than 45,000 miles.

Gonz

molṑn labé
Staff member
The red '06 that had an accident report, a leaking rear taillight & a broken passenger seat plastic thing had the 2.7.

We passed ;)

Although, the '07 Charger came in close.

MrBishop

They're both nice cars...though I prefer the Charger to the Magnum. It's less 'family car' and more 'muscle-car' :)

MrBishop

You DID see the size of the trunk on the Charger, right? You can fit 6 bodies and a shovel in there! Nice leg room inside the car too. ;)

Inkara1

The red '06 that had an accident report, a leaking rear taillight & a broken passenger seat plastic thing had the 2.7.

We passed ;)

You actually managed to pass something with the 2.7? I thought a Magnum with the 2.7 couldn't even accelerate out of its own way, let alone pass a snail.

Aunty Em

So how many oilfields does that thing take to run a year? ;)

BTW, over here a Magnum is a choc ice on a stick. :D

Aunty Em

This is what my newer car looks like:

TW929077C.jpg

1997 Vauxhall Astra Arctic 1600 16v - automatic transmission, electric windows, ac, central locking.... 30k miles on the clock(genuine). Big enough for British roads and a dream to drive. I love it. :D

It was my mother's and she gave it to me in May as it's now very painful for me to use a manual clutch, especially in rush hour traffic. It sailed through the MOT test and a major service without needing anything beyond the normal oil filter change, etc. My mechanic loves it and called it a "real gem".

I admit I got up to 90 mph overtaking on the motorway recently and it just purred. I was sorely tempted to do the ton, but you can guarantee I'd have got knobbled by the cops if I had. They took pity on me and let me off a speeding fine earlier this year, so I have to behave.

My mother has narrowing of the arteries in her frontal lobe and serious loss of memory, which can lead to alzheimers. Fortunately it's been caught early so she can have the drugs to slow down it's progress and stay independent, but she's unsafe to drive so I take her shopping, etc. every saturday.

spike

I was wondering who drove Taurus's (sp?). What a weird car.

We're looking for a new car and have no idea what we're getting. Just been looking at every car on the road for ideas for the last few days.

Gonz

molṑn labé
Staff member
150000 miles & not a single major problem. Hell, I don't recall any minor problems (though the main brakelights are giving us trouble (now).

The '10 Taurus is a body change - looks good.