Where are you spending Christmas?

HeXp£Øi±

Where are you spending Christmas this year or who's coming to see you?
We're going to see my wifes family in Nome. Just spent $500 on winter gear for a two week vacation. :smash2: Should be a blast though.

Djcake

xmas eve my kids and other family members are comming over..xmas day the kids and ex are comming over then after thatfor dinner i still dont know what i am doing

Leslie

Communistrator
Staff member
Going to have my son's birthday/Xmas gift swap with my kids' father and his dad and stepmother on the 23rd, then we'll be having Christmas Eve and morning here, just the kids and I, then we're all heading off to my aunt's for the big dinner dealie thing.

and...that's aboot it.

I have start baking some cookies.

ClaireBear

Banned
This year... the same as always...

Christmas Eve... half day at work... then home like a bat out of Hell (Christmas Eve public transport is a NIGHTMARE!) to hoover, clean and tudy for my mum... put finishing touches to the decs... Start with the veg... peeling and preparing and immersing in water... cooking the turkey...

The only difference is this year is that Adrian is coming round with presents and we're going to exchange our gifts... I've really thought about his presents. :D So excited! Neither of us drive so it has to be done on that day as there's no transport on Christmas Day.

Christmas Day... big family present opening in our house in the morning... Me, my sis, mum and Dad... posh breakfast.. bucks fizz and coissants... all get dressed in our new Christmas finest... then off to my Nanas for more gift exchanges... then to the home to see my Gran... then pick up my Nan (who's by then dressed in her Christmas finest) and head back home.

Sit around watching Christmas telly (or rather Dad does we help in the kitchen!) a few (too many!) drinks and dinner is normally had about 4/5... then more telly and more drink and Nana gets a lift home off Dad about 9... on his return my Dad can then have a drink!!!!

Boxing day... we go through my Nans for a... yes!... turkey salad. Nana puts on a great spread with home made savoury and sweet pies, sausage rolls and the most potent trifle known to man (I think planes could use it to refuel - Yes! Gato I know its actually a gas)... Nana puts her "disks" on (her CD's!) and we all have a dance!

New Years Eve... normally I stay in with my parents... go to the local come back at 11:45... see in the New Year... Dad first foots... and I'm in bed by 2... :shrug: This year Adrian wants to do something together... so I dunno what I'll be up to or where I'll be... :D

New Years Day... we have another big dinner... much less formal.. with a lot more booze! (hair of the dog!)We play a few board games and parlor games... Basically have fun! I'm hoping that Adrian comes round this year... if his mum will release him from his own dinner!!! :D

PT

Off 'Motherfuckin' Topic Elite
My mother is this coming Saturday. Then it's back home. Christmas day will definitely be at home with the kids, not sure exactly when we're doing the in-laws.

HomeLAN

Christmas Ever with mother-in-law. Christmas morning with father-in-law (our house). Christmas afternoon with mother-in-law. Day after Christmas consuming large amounts of alcohol after that much fucking time with inlaws.

Christmas with my Mom and sibs on New Years Day. :rolleyes:

MrBishop

The 24th is at my place. My folx, MrsBish's folx, my sister with her new boyfriend, my brother-in-law with his (about to be) fiancée, and us :D

Santa drops by around 8pm along with his horse-drawn sleigh and gifts for all the kids of the neighbourhood.

The 25th, at my in-laws house.

The 31st...back here. We're expecting about 16 family members (from MrsBish's side only) to come up, from as far as Chicago :D

tonksy

rob's dad and his girlfriend are coming here christmas morning to open gifts etc. then it's off to the waffle house from 11-4. then back home for dinner.

Gato_Solo

Out-freaking-standing OTC member
tonksy said:
rob's dad and his girlfriend are coming here christmas morning to open gifts etc. then it's off to the waffle house from 11-4. then back home for dinner.

:confused: I thought you were Rob's girlfriend. :lol2:

IDLEchild

I hope you guys have a good time. It can be taxing to be with your family sometimes during the holidays and new additions to the families....

....If nothing else, atleast you guys won't be alone, by yourselves and working.

Leslie

Communistrator
Staff member
I'll be mostly alone.

Having a bit of a time getting my head around it, but I'm hoping cookies will compensate enough.

Gonz

molṑn labé
Staff member
Typical year...

at the in-laws Christmas Eve for dinner, probably at sis-in-laws well after dinner & here for the Day.

Thieves beware...this is subject to change.

PrincessLissa

the 21st through the 23rd, Alex will be with me and we will do fun Christmas stuff, ie., driving around and looking at Christmas lights, shopping for a few last presents, making Christmas cookies with my 4 cousins (all under the age of 7), and the long wrapping of presents process. Christmas Eve will be split between my mom's mess of a holiday with tons of screaming children and drunk adults and a nice sit down but relaxed dinner at Erik's dad's house. Christmas day, Alex will come back over and see what Santa left for her and then it is a mad dash all over the Denver Metro area. My mom's, his mom's, my Uncle's, his sister's, a good friends house, our apartment and then back to my mom's. UGH.

Next year, I would rather cook and say, if you are coming then we will see you. If not, too danm bad. :D

Stop Laughing

Work on Christmas eve (total nightmare) then dinner with my mother's family. Christmas day's just the 3 of us at home. That's about it.