where did THIS come from?

Leslie

Communistrator
Staff member
these are on my desktop. I dunno how they got there or how to get rid of them, or if I can, or if I need to put them back, where they go. Anyone?

:confuse3:

Attachments

• untitled.JPG
    untitled.JPG
    22.1 KB · Views: 36

Luis G

<i><b>Problemator</b></i>
Staff member
You selected to show system and hidden files. Go to windows explorer, options, and check the "hide system files".

Liliandra

Windows is always wierd.... a friend found this one the other night, try creating a folder with the name of "con" with those exact letters and nothing else in it... spooky.

Nixy

Elimi-nistrator
Staff member
Liliandra said:
Windows is always wierd.... a friend found this one the other night, try creating a folder with the name of "con" with those exact letters and nothing else in it... spooky.

DUDE

Luis G

Staff member
Liliandra said:

I bet the same happens with nul ;)

JJR512

Different messages? You get a message when you create a folder named "con"? All that happened for me was, after pressing Enter, the name changed back to "New Folder". (Windows 5.1 SP2)

Liliandra

Supposedly it works for all Windows versions... I know it works on both xp's and the '98 that we use here at work.

Luis G

Staff member
Liliandra said:
Supposedly it works for all Windows versions... I know it works on both xp's and the '98 that we use here at work.

My version must have it fixed, I can't create directories with the name con or nul.

Perhaps I should log into linux and create one just for the hell of it. On win98 you got a BSOD, wonder what would happen on xp :D

Liliandra

*editing last post for bad wording* saying that it works that you can't create the folders on those....

A.B.Normal

JJR512 said:
Different messages? You get a message when you create a folder named "con"? All that happened for me was, after pressing Enter, the name changed back to "New Folder". (Windows 5.1 SP2)
-first attachment is the message for con
-second is for nul

*you also can't have a con.jpg or nul.jpg :confused:

Nixy

Elimi-nistrator
Staff member
I don't get any message it just won't let me rename the folder...it changes the name back to "New Folder" when I try

Liliandra

Nixy said:
I don't get any message it just won't let me rename the folder...it changes the name back to "New Folder" when I try

That's xp's normal reaction... get a message if you're trying to copy a folder by that name from another place though

Nixy

Elimi-nistrator
Staff member
Liliandra said:
That's xp's normal reaction... get a message if you're trying to copy a folder by that name from another place though
ah

JJR512

Nixy said:
Yeah, that's what I said happened to me. :crying4: