Where were you September 11, 2001?

Winky

But that word is not an accurate description
of the reality of that day is it???

One entry found for surrealism.
Main Entry:
the principles, ideals, or practice of producing fantastic or incongruous imagery or effects in art, literature, film, or theater by means of unnatural juxtapositions and combinations

HomeLAN

Oh no, the reality was cold and hard. The surreal aspects are the result of the mind trying to cope with events it shouldn't have to cope with.

Kittie

I was in my Geometry class. One of the students returned and told us what happened.

I had no idea what the world trade centers even were..

I thought she was kidding.

I remember crying later that day, once finding out. It's just something that should have never happened...

Gato_Solo

Out-freaking-standing OTC member
I was at work...had been for 2 hours when the first plane hit. I was watching CNN at the time, but thought it was a promo for a movie. It really didn't start to sink in until my superintendent tapped me on the shoulder, and told me to go home, and return to work at 1930...we were officially on 12-hour shifts. I haven't seen an 8-hour shift since...

kuulani

greenfreak said:
And posting at www.jjr512.com, my first OT message board, that I had joined only 10 days prior.

*hugs greenie* i can't believe i only knew you for ten days when 9/11 happened. for some reason, i thought i knew you for waaay longer than that, because i remember thinking about you during those days and wondering if you were okay.

kuulani

... i guess i didn't answer the question ...

i was getting ready for work, hearing that there was a bomb & shocked out of my mind after seeing what really happened.

Larner

I was in the office with my husband. I was checking email or the WM3 site--can't remember which. Neither of us could believe it.

AlladinSane

I was still working for Brasil Telecom. Was an ordinary day at work until around 9 AM, when I got an e-mail from my friend that had just left the company some days before telling that a plane just crashed in one of the towers. He pasted a link to a brazilian news site, so I spent some minutes trying to find an american site I could quote. Washington Post was the only one that wasn't down due to traffic. So I started the thread at Xibase. Some was saying a second plane has hit but I couldn't belive it. No one suspected at the time it was a terrorist attack. I only realized it when I saw unclehobart's post at JJR: "The country is under attack right now".
I didn't work that day. Brasil Telecom had an internal Web Channel used to difuse meetings and training. When not used it would broadcast the Globonews channel. I promptly pluged in and watched it all day. My computer was one of the few that had sound card at my section, so everyone kept coming to me to get the last info...

greenfreak

kuulani said:
*hugs greenie* i can't believe i only knew you for ten days when 9/11 happened. for some reason, i thought i knew you for waaay longer than that, because i remember thinking about you during those days and wondering if you were okay.
Isn't that funny? I thought the same thing when I posted that, I can't believe it was only 10 days. But from the day I started posting, I was pretty much there all the time if I wasn't sleeping. I'd go look at those threads again, if I could. :retard: :shrug:

fury

Administrator
Staff member
I don't remember it all that well. I think I slept through the towers being hit, and got on IRC somewhere just as #1 fell (the second one fell first), then just glued my eyes to the TV for a few minutes, and went back to sleep. :shrug: