Where's the poll?(PLEASE READ)

HeXp£Øi±

In case everyone hasn't figured it out yet, when you go to post a poll after the first screen the post has been made while the poll is still being created. So if it looks like the thread is supposed to have a poll but doesn't just wait a few minutes and the poll will show up. I hope i explained this properly.

PT

Off 'Motherfuckin' Topic Elite
Re: Where's the poll(PLEASE READ)

What do you mean, I don't understand.

HeXp£Øi±

Re: Where's the poll(PLEASE READ)

When you post a poll, after you click the create thread button the thread is created before you finish with the poll options. This has had the affect of people yelling out "Where's the poll?" While it's still being created.

SexyBoo

HeXp£Øi± said:
In case everyone hasn't figured it out yet, when you go to post a poll after the first screen the post has been made while the poll is still being created. So if it looks like the thread is supposed to have a poll but doesn't just wait a few minutes and the poll will show up. I hope i explained this properly.
I feel so stupid! :banghead:

Nixy

Elimi-nistrator
Staff member
PuterTutor said:
I still don't get it. Explain it again, but type slower this time.

:rofl4:

*covers her mouth to stiffle the laughter so as her family doesn't think she's nuts*

freako104

Nixy said:
:rofl4:

*covers her mouth to stiffle the laughter so as her family doesn't think she's nuts*

but nix you are nuts ;)

hex i have no idea what you said. try to reword it so it makes more sense. :lloyd:

Raven

Annoying SOB
I know what he means.

When you post a thread with a poll, the first thing you get is the thank you for posting a new thread message. THEN you get taken to the poll creation screen to make you poll. but during this time the thread is effectively live and people can post on it BEFORE the poll is finished being made by the thread starter. Especially if its a long thread/slow typer.

Better?

fury

Administrator
Staff member
HeXp£Øi± said:
This is due to the new behavior of vBulletin 3. It makes it possible to add a poll to a thread after it has been started. Either be faster about your poll creating or beg me really really hard (read: $$$ :D) to add a poll-pending forum where you can start threads but noone can reply to them, so you can create your poll in peace and then move it to your forum of choice.

Rose

fury said:
This is due to the new behavior of vBulletin 3. It makes it possible to add a poll to a thread after it has been started. Either be faster about your poll creating or beg me really really hard (read: $$$ :D) to add a poll-pending forum where you can start threads but noone can reply to them, so you can create your poll in peace and then move it to your forum of choice.

Foll Fending Porum? :D

:leghump: :leghump: :leghump: :leghump: :leghump: :leghump: :leghump: :leghump: :leghump: :leghump: :leghump: :leghump: :leghump: :leghump: :leghump: :leghump: :leghump: :leghump: :leghump: :leghump: :leghump: :leghump: :leghump: :leghump: :leghump: :leghump: :leghump: :leghump: :leghump: :leghump: :leghump: :leghump: :leghump: :leghump: :leghump: :leghump: :leghump: :leghump: :leghump: :leghump: :leghump: :leghump: :leghump: :leghump: :leghump: :leghump: :leghump: :leghump: :leghump: :leghump: :leghump: :leghump: :leghump: :leghump:

How's that for some really really really hard begging? ;)

freako104

steweygrrrr said:
I know what he means.

When you post a thread with a poll, the first thing you get is the thank you for posting a new thread message. THEN you get taken to the poll creation screen to make you poll. but during this time the thread is effectively live and people can post on it BEFORE the poll is finished being made by the thread starter. Especially if its a long thread/slow typer.

Better?

yea t hanks mate

hellsatan

steweygrrrr said:
or i sounds even better this way.

The poll is posted seperately to the parent thread.
I think that would really cause similar problems...

fury's idea sounds like a good one:)

Please oh wimminz master fury:p

Satan