Who Do I Contact

UndeadExploder

Hey ya'll -

A few friends and I are working out the details of a student film we want to make, and there are some issues with one of the locations we want to use.

The location in question is an abandoned house. The house is in a residential area, and is in serious disrepair. The driveway is barricaded with steel I-beams, but there is no NO TRESPASSING or PRIVATE PROPERTY signs visible from the front of the property at all. In fact, there used to be a notice posted on the barricade (something about the property, a zoning notice or auction notice, I wasn't able to get that close a look at it at the time.) a few months ago, but even that's gone now. No realty signs either. It really appears that this property has simply been forgotten.

We want to be able to film there, but going guerilla-style isn't going to work, and isn't worth the breaking-and-entering charge if we get caught. (we want to get some interior shots as well, not just exterior stuff that would get us a simple trespassing warning)

So, long story short - who do I contact to see about getting permission to film in/around the property? We'll be contacting the cops either way, just to let them know what we're doing since the filming will likely involve both guns (airsoft) and nighttime scenes and we don't want to be arrested for being ninjas or terrorists or something like that.

Any ideas/advice is much appreciated!

Inkara1

Five bucks says it's owned by the bank, and banks tend to be real dicks when it comes to anything cool like letting you film there for free.