whoa!

unclehobart

Lotsa internet attacks in the last 48. Its unpublicized. Its trying to self-correct as 'one of those things' without comment.

A.B.Normal

Prolly that virus everyone is talking about
SoberV_ENG.gif

catocom

Charter cable isp has been acting up so bad, I can't tell when it's a site, or the isp. :alienhuh:
They've been having major dns issues as of late.

Leslie

Communistrator
Staff member
My hotmail address is being pummeled by what I think is that virus. Mail after mail in the junk folder with randomattachment dot zip.

BeardofPants

Leslie said:
My hotmail address is being pummeled by what I think is that virus. Mail after mail in the junk folder with randomattachment dot zip.
Yep, my work email is getting lots of those as well - pretty scary actually, cos some of the supposed email addys seem legit.

Professur

BeardofPants said:
Yep, my work email is getting lots of those as well - pretty scary actually, cos some of the supposed email addys seem legit.

Ours too. I spoke with the admin, but he's so clueless .....

chcr

Too cute for words
Hey, Prof. Do you know a way to block those? I get 'em from legit e-mail addresses too. I have antivirus removing the attachments, but I don't have direct access to the e-mail server (remotely served) and I don't know of a way to block them without blocking some legit e-mail as well.

Professur

Nope, nothing from the client-side. Server-side should be easy, but our admin's still faking it up as he goes along.

BeardofPants

I think work is just making it policy to block all zip files for the moment; anyone who needs to get a zip through will have to apply for special permission.