why a "regular joe" should NEVER be president

Gonz

molṑn labé
Staff member
(you'd be surprised, gonz, if we compared issue to issue, how much we would really agree on.)

Not really surprised. That's why, unlike spike, I get pissed when you dismiss shit & act like an ass. You simutaneously destroy the baseline & act like it's correct. Very frustrating.

This isn't a a grad class. It's a forum.

2minkey

bootlicker
Not really surprised. That's why, unlike spike, I get pissed when you dismiss shit & act like an ass. You simutaneously destroy the baseline & act like it's correct. Very frustrating.

This isn't a a grad class. It's a forum.

dismissing caricature is fair game. when it's cartoon playtime, anything goes. labeling things "marxist" is not helpful when they aren't. when the level of political discourse here is just like PETA's (only typically in reverse) and any substantive critique is lost behind the childish effigies, how can one not be embarrassed? you know, it would be great to get a candidate in 2012 who was...
  • for limited government
  • but big and ultra well-equipped military
  • who saw the strategic economic interest in making us less dependent on resources we have to spend mucho $ on blowing shit up to maintain
  • pro-business but also sophisticated enough to understand a global economy and that at times big business would not rationally pursue common strategic interests that didn't make immediate ROI, and made an effort to structure tax incentives/credits toward more long-term economic growth
  • that viewed most social issues (sexuality, guns, etc) as a matter of your own choice and your own business
  • that actually wanted to balance the budget (nobody has done a good job of that - nobody)
  • that was smart and worldly enough to deal effectively with other governments
  • and of course, that approached matters in a dispassionate, rational way without all the slogans and balloons - who foundationally believes in our rights/freedoms as a result careful, critical consideration, not blind faith, and doesn't turn them into cartoon time and end up looking like some idiot on a reality TV show

2minkey

bootlicker
Good thing it wasn't a gal or you would have ruled out any possibility of her tapping into your vast brain power!

i have a date in a few hours with a someone with a ph.d. in biochem. the other ones i've been flirting with - one has an MS in comp sci and the other is an MD.

i like women that stimulate my brain, not annoy me. speaking of which, just go away.

Gonz

molṑn labé
Staff member
Perhaps because the Bush's are progressive by nature.

Palin fits the bullet points you have. Her international abilities are, like every candidate, to be seen (they can't be any worse than the current administration). However, she would make decisions based on limited government & US best interests.

Winky

Our beloved bimbo is far to smart to take a pay cut
and run for anything except the teller window to deposit
the 6 figure check for the fee from her latest speaking engagement.

2minkey

bootlicker
i like a lot his positions, but his level of faith in the market to fix every problem seems a bit naive.

Winky

That's right Cerise even her daughter is cashing in, good for her.

Minks precisely which problem couldn't the market resolve?

2minkey

bootlicker
not many, but... things that have to do with longer-term economic viability that don't make sense for businesses to invest in in the short to medium term. unfortunately we're left with gubbymint dipshits to try to act on the longer term stuff. but, whatever. the greenie twits are useful in the sense that they are lobbying against an oil-based economy, which, eventually, could be our downfall and make us more pathetic and dependent than we already are. fire up them nuke plants, embrace those faggy electric cars, and don't become slaves to the scheming chinezers.

Winky

Good example the market would never ever demand the use
of ridiculously expensive alternative energy sources when cheap
and plentiful coal and oil reserves still exist.

Winky

Willow hates fags

her younger sister is a carbon copy
(get her some slimfast fast)
so she can

bhywk1.jpg

start that money train baby

2minkey

bootlicker
Good example the market would never ever demand the use
of ridiculously expensive alternative energy sources when cheap
and plentiful coal and oil reserves still exist.

hmmm, nuke power is expensive huh? you got an oil reserve hidden there in your pants? if not, we're gonna have to keep sucking waleed and abdul. and blowing them up. and then sucking them again. lather, rinse, repeat. and then we also have to continue to deal with their retarded cousins who want to rig themselves up with quadruple assrockets and get on a plane.

oil is cheep, in the short term, when the costs of retaining it as a resource are put upon the individual taxpayer, not the corporate welfare recipient of choice. ever hear of crony capitalism? you don't have to go all the way to indonesia for a hearty helping.

Winky

Even a "regular joe" can figger this shit out!

Trust me, there is plenty of coal and oil.

I ain't a feared of no ragheads in dirty night shirts
besides them evil slant eyed Chicoms want oil
let them get blow'd up too.

I wish they'd stop messin' with the Nooclear power industry
and let em make the stuff cheaply, heck build em far away
from population centers and accept a certain amount of
pollution. We need powah on the cheap!

Pick three desolate regions to irradiate and burn Uranium
like there's no tomorrow!

The nanny state and the global warming fags have no place
messin' with the capitalist system Hell if the average residential
rate for electricity was .6 cents per kWh You'd be driving an electric
car faster than you could say Algore is an insane fat baby fucker.