"Why aren't you speaking English?"

jimpeel

This POS sits there speaking Spanish after languishing in the United States for 23 years and failing, in all of that time, to assimilate.

The refusal of illegals immigrants to assimilate into American culture is one of the biggest sticking points in the immigration debate. This clown has been in America for 23 -- TWENTY-THREE -- years and he still can't speak English well enough to elucidate a cognizant thought. Get the fuck back to Mexico where your true allegiance lies!

Video clips are at the source link.

SOURCE

During committee testimony this week in Austin, a Texas senator interrupted a Spanish speaker telling him he should "be speaking in English" during a committee hearing.

Antolin Aguirre of the Austin Immigrant Rights Coalition was testifying against Senate Bill 9 that would help crack down on illegal immigrants in Texas. Aguirre spoke through an interpreter even though he had been in the U.S. since 1988.

Two minutes into Antolin Aguirre’s testimony, Sen. Chris Harris, a Republican from Arlington, interrupted asking Aguirre’s interrupter, "Did I understand him correctly that he has been here since 1988?" Harris asked. "Why aren’t you speaking in English then?"

2minkey

bootlicker
jim's so filled with vitriol that he just had to post something himself.

i'm gonna go kneel in the corner and recite my loyalty oath so nobody sends me to mexico!

MrBishop

I think that you will find that many 1st generation immigrants who came after reaching adulthood still use their mother tongue as their primary language, and if they happen to live in a neighbourhood where they can get service in that language, they don't learn the local language well.

A friend's mother has been living here for 45 years and still can't speak French or English. She doesn't have to. Her grocer speaks Greek, her friends speak Greek, her neighbours speak Greek...and for everything else, her daughter's trilingual.

You guys do know that you don't have an official language, right?

2minkey

bootlicker
I think that you will find that many 1st generation immigrants who came after reaching adulthood still use their mother tongue as their primary language, and if they happen to live in a neighbourhood where they can get service in that language, they don't learn the local language well.

A friend's mother has been living here for 45 years and still can't speak French or English. She doesn't have to. Her grocer speaks Greek, her friends speak Greek, her neighbours speak Greek...and for everything else, her daughter's trilingual.

You guys do know that you don't have an official language, right?

america - love it or leave it!!!

dumb and loyal rules the day!!!

palin-russia-idiot.jpg

Gonz

molṑn labé
Staff member
On the other hand, I know of two families that emigrated in favor of the US & forced their children to ONLY speak English.

2minkey

bootlicker
the ones that didn't force their kids to use english, are, of course, scum. they gots to get on the right team. now!!!

MrBishop

Nothing saying that he can't speak English...but for a legal proceeding, he'd be more comfortable speaking in his mother tongue. He brought an interpreter to help the process go along.

So..what's wrong with that? Nuthin' Sugah

Assimilated :borg:

Winky

Deport the motherfucker

are you being your typical self?

or do you really NOT understand why real Americans
would be outraged by the actions of this freckin' wetback?

Second generation Asians go to Berkeley in such numbers
that the racist Left-wingers have to discriminate against them.

This beaner's kids prolly work for the Mexican drug cartels.

Luis G

<i><b>Problemator</b></i>
Staff member
Nothing saying that he can't speak English...but for a legal proceeding, he'd be more comfortable speaking in his mother tongue. He brought an interpreter to help the process go along.

So..what's wrong with that? Nuthin' Sugah

Assimilated :borg:

He did say he speaks english, the translator *forgot* to say that.

OTOH, if he wanted to do it right he could have written his speech before and just read it, otherwise he just makes his cause look bad.

2minkey

bootlicker
again, the guy's simply a wuss. if he was a native english speaker he'd prolly ask the friendly congresspeople for chair pillows because his butt was sore for some reason.

Winky

Why aren't YOU speaking Spanish?

I take it all back
it was finely orchestrated as a
giant in your face 'fuck you'!
well played señor illegal alieno

Winky

Press 2 for America

dewd its quite alright
there's more than enough righteous
indignation to go around