Why buy a digital camera when you can buy a phone instead?

Squiggy

ThunderDick
So my son buys a cell phone...its a Sprint PCS Vision 5300...and emails me this picture from the Chinese restaurant they stopped at on the way home. Its better that my webcam can do.. :shrug: and less than $400.

Shadowfax

<b>mod cow</b>
your webcam was that expensive?

my digital cam was almost twice that amoint of money, but makes a lot better pictures :)
but for a phone they are pretty amazing :)

Squiggy

ThunderDick
Nah...my webcam wasn't that expensive . But I am looking to spend $300-$400 on a digital camera. Now he has me pondering it...

Shadowfax

<b>mod cow</b>
mhhh...depending on whether you're going to use it often, and the amount of pictures you take, i'd say go for the normal digital cam...more storage space, and a $400 digital cam has better quality than this :)

but if you want to take just a few snapshots once in a while, this might be a compact solution..no need to bring along another cam :)

Dave

why bother about storage. with the phone/camera you could just e-mail the pics to yourself as you take them. couldn't you?

Squiggy

ThunderDick
LOL... Well, I get more confused with each idea. BTW Good point about the storage , Spot. But the pics do use up the phones battry...I think I'll just buy some crayola crayons and some paper...:D

Shadowfax

<b>mod cow</b>
Q said:
Does it cost extra on the phone bill to send pics?

yes. at least it does here, and quite some as well...it's not very profitable to send 30 images through MMS...very expensive..

one thing to consider as well, when it comes to storage...:)

Q

That's what I figured. So it costs to send pics, plus the added wear on prolly a $60. to $100.00 battery. Eh, just get a camera.:headbang:

Shadowfax

<b>mod cow</b>
but it's nice to know that if you're having an affair you can directly inform your closest friends with pictures through the cam :headbang:

:confuse3: