Why Do Old Members Leave???? The early guys...the pioneers

Status
Not open for further replies.

dimme

AlladinSane said:
Hi dimme :wave:
If I recall correctly you were having health problems last time I heard? :confused:

Hello Alladin :)

Yes, I had a pretty serious knee problem, I had to see the physical therapist for about 10 months until it got better. It's not fully healed yet though. I have to go biking everyday to get the muscles back in shape and have a good mechanical movement. It's a little swollen right now but I'll guess I'll have to live with it, it doesn't hurt as much anymore though and the physical therapist said it would be alright since the kneecap is properly aligned (it wasn't back then) and that the swelling would stop soon.

I'm glad that I still see some familiar faces around here (Hi Q, Sam, ris, :) ).

kuulani

well, if any of the oldies stick their heads in here, i don't know if you left or if you just aren't posting as much, i just wanna say that i miss you guys: nalani, rob, steve, , jan, ards, scant, moof, ...

fury

Administrator
Staff member
and Jan popped in not too long ago. Scanty made a return thread... as for the rest... :mope:

PT

Off 'Motherfuckin' Topic Elite
Bubba said:
I think the point of why I told people that I was Gilbert/Linsay has never really been said. In the beginning, my idea of a great forum was much like what hwc had in the General forum. After people started posting, they started making threads and posting just to raise their postcounts. The mentality was "look at me, I have 10,000 posts....that makes me special". I'm thinking big effing deal, along the way you posted nothing worth reading to get there. My idea was for a serious forum where people talked about things that were interesting. It didn't start out that way, so I started posting crap people found offensive just to show that crap wasn't becoming. That was the idea.

As time went on, otc got better. People finally became satisified that they had a large enough postcounts and began posting like I had hoped in the beginning. I've made a lot of progress in public relations with people here and do not intend to digress back to the way it was before. Many felt that I was not upfront with them about Gilbert and Lindsay. I can tell you that Bubba or s4 is the only thing I go by at this board.

The people have spoken and they did not like the way I moderated and that is okay with me. I no longer have any desire for any type of power at any bbs.

Thanks and sorry about the looong post. :)

Very interesting. I had wondered why you chose to use the alts, and that does explain it, at least partly. I still can't say you chose the correct way to get your point across, or that you even really got your point across at the time, but it does help my attitude towards you at least to know this. To be perfectly honest with you, I wasn't real happy about you coming back. However, since you have I have to admit you've behaved yourself rather well. God that sounds condescending. I really don't mean it to, I think your posts lately have shown a side of you that the people here generally like. I also have to agree with the majority that you chose correctly in your username. I probably wouldn't have been nearly as accepting if you had used your old username. Odd, I know who you are, but Bubba seems friendlier. :shrug: Also, the teddy bear helps too. :D

fury

Administrator
Staff member
I know, you couldn't possibly have known the can of worms you were opening unless you were a member here before and just signed up with a new name. We were all (well, MOST of us were) trying to forget it, but it's not your fault. :beerbang:

IDLEchild

Well i can figure by that reply some serious things went on here before but that is the past. As for me ; well my fascination is high but my sense of respect is higher. I shall not go into this quandry anymore.

tommyj27

Not really Banned
Buttcrackdivine said:
Well i can figure by that reply some serious things went on here before but that is the past. As for me ; well my fascination is high but my sense of respect is higher. I shall not go into this quandry anymore.
/me hopes this thread is the extent of the monthly blood letting.

I've been posting a lot less now that it's gorgeous outside, there's much better things to do, like spending several days a week out climbing. :) hopefully the winter will drive some of the heavy hitters back in here

Jon

b-b-b-b-but I'm an oldie too! I know I'm supposedly "member 37" but I was (apparently) one of the very first people to know of OTC's existence. I just had trouble registering due to my uber gay 10mbps connection... :(

samcurry

Screwing with the code...
Staff member
hehe at jon's 10 mbps connection.... I remember that jon. it was a pain in your arse.

krusty

Window Licker
I remember dimme... better than the rest of these lame asses.

Old members leave like me... when they realize the friendship shit spewed forth from idiots such as S4 or Q is nothing more than a con trick from an ugly or fat lonely person...

I remeber at HWC there were intelligent ppl to talk with... ppl who really enjoyed computers as a hobby...those were the good old days... then all you lame fucks showed up to ruin it...and thought an online community could survive on pahtetic conversation.

PT

Off 'Motherfuckin' Topic Elite
krusty said:
I remember dimme... better than the rest of these lame asses.

Old members leave like me... when they realize the friendship shit spewed forth from idiots such as S4 or Q is nothing more than a con trick from an ugly or fat lonely person...

I remeber at HWC there were intelligent ppl to talk with... ppl who really enjoyed computers as a hobby...those were the good old days... then all you lame fucks showed up to ruin it...and thought an online community could survive on pahtetic conversation.

Wow, and you make it sound like WE have isssues. Wooooo......

Status
Not open for further replies.