Windows 2004 screenshots

Jeslek

Banned
http://www.tech-critic.com/modules.php?name=News&file=article&sid=358&mode=&order=0&thold=0

We got a bigger clock! yeah. :p

Shadowfax

<b>mod cow</b>
"installing Windows using WINNT.exe is no longer supported"

:mad:

i hate the looks. i wonder about performance. see what it can add to Win2k...

PT

Off 'Motherfuckin' Topic Elite
They'll have to come up with something pretty damn good to get me to switch from Win2k.

Psycho

I agree, but I already told you over MSN how much I hated WinXP, so I won't go into that again :p

Nixy

Elimi-nistrator
Staff member
I LOVE XP and I see from that screen shot that this new one will have multiple desktops. That is a feature of linux I always wished I had in windows. *wishes she could use linux fulltime*. So, I will prolly be using the new one when it comes out.

I love XP SO much!

PT

Off 'Motherfuckin' Topic Elite
outside looking in said:
I'll stop using win2k when hardware manufacturers stop supporting it with drivers.

I honestly don't think that's going to happen for awhile. I know MS in all their wisdom will stop their support sometime in 2003 or 2004, but I fully expect Win2k to be a viable OS for at least the next ten years. It's stable t's fast, and it's not being outdated by anything that's been coming out. All they are providing at this point is more pretties for the eyes. As far as I'm concerned, the stability is it for me, and I can do away with the pretties, as I see those only serving to take away the stability.

Shadowfax

<b>mod cow</b>
difference is that win2k is used by a LOT of companies...for instance, Win NT 4 is still supported. and that's pretty outdated as well :)

i agree with PT that they will most likely support win2k for the upcoming decade, which is a good thing, 'cause XP adds nothing to win2k for me.
only thing i must say is that XP boots faster than win2k :)

B

Bubba

i will not be upgrading to anything new, xp is the last os that i bought and will buy

agw_01

haha, i wasn't impressed with XP whistler, so i didn't bother buying the release of XP.

this looks just as crap and slow so i aint gonna buy this one. although, piracy is on the rise, so i might be able to get a copy to test :eek:

wot do you guys think of piracy of microsoft products?

and mods/admins... just coz i talk about piracy doesn't mean i do it!

Luis G

<i><b>Problemator</b></i>
Staff member
agw_01 said:
haha, i wasn't impressed with XP whistler, so i didn't bother buying the release of XP.

this looks just as crap and slow so i aint gonna buy this one. although, piracy is on the rise, so i might be able to get a copy to test :eek:

As long as you don't use OTC to exchange info about illegal copies it is fine ;)

I think screw them, they charge too for their pieces of crap. Although, now i feel guilty of using an illegal win2k pro, because it worths the money, maybe when i have enough money to buy i'll get an original copy.

agw_01

Luis G said:
agw_01 said:

As long as you don't use OTC to exchange info about illegal copies it is fine ;)

I think screw them, they charge too for their pieces of crap. Although, now i feel guilty of using an illegal win2k pro, because it worths the money, maybe when i have enough money to buy i'll get an original copy.

Windows 98 and 2000 have been my best purchases! Both rock solid and superb (win 2000 more than 98). I will continue to praise microsoft for these OS's but thats it... im movin to linux! :D