Wireless

Nixy

Elimi-nistrator
Staff member
My wireless is sending but not receiving...any idea why this might be? Wired is working fine.

Inkara1

Tried the usual fixes? Restarting the computer, unplugging the wireless router and plugging it back in, etc.?

Nixy

Elimi-nistrator
Staff member
Inkara1 said:
Tried the usual fixes? Restarting the computer, unplugging the wireless router and plugging it back in, etc.?

Wireless router is the same as the wired router and I assume my landlord's wireless is working fine or he woulda tried that so it's probably my computer. I've restarted the computer manyt imes, this has been going on for weeks.

Nixy

Elimi-nistrator
Staff member
Oh and when I try to repair it it fails because it can't renew the IP address...I've tried to release and renew manually for the wireless card and that doesn't work either.

Nixy

Elimi-nistrator
Staff member
That's actually why I'm trying to figure this out now...if it's the card then I know I shouldn't buy a wireless router fo rhome til I have the cash to also buy a new wireless card.

Professur

Nixy said:
That's actually why I'm trying to figure this out now...if it's the card then I know I shouldn't buy a wireless router fo rhome til I have the cash to also buy a new wireless card.

If need be, I've got a 802.11b pcmcia that I'm not using.

Nixy

Elimi-nistrator
Staff member
Professur said:
If need be, I've got a 802.11b pcmcia that I'm not using.

That's what this is...is it the type that plugs into the little laptop slot?

Nixy

Elimi-nistrator
Staff member
rrfield said:
dont put a microwave oven between you and the router

No microwave between us...the router is infront of me to the left and the microwave infront to the right (obviously you have to go through some walls to get to each of them...but if I had x-ray vision that's where I'd look to see each).

Nixy

Elimi-nistrator
Staff member
rrfield said:
any 2.4 ghz cordless phones in the place? what channel are you using? try changing it to 11 or 1.

Nope not here in the basement...just a 900MHz...me and the router are both in the basement btw

Nixy

Elimi-nistrator
Staff member
rrfield said:
forget i said anything. there are no cameras in your place. that you know of.

hahaha well I sure hope whoever's spying on me enjoys whoever moves in here next since in about 3 or 4 hours I'll be out of here.

Luis G

<i><b>Problemator</b></i>
Staff member
So how is it that you know it is sending but not receiving?
Does the AP shows in your network lists?
Is it 11MBps or 54MBps?
Is it encrypted? if so, what kind of encryption?