Wisconsin is Greece

2minkey

bootlicker
yeah that's what the "fairly obvious" comment said, double sherlock, nyah nyah nyah right back to the fucking playground.

jimpeel

i'll listen to beck for sure.

right after i start taking legal advice from peel.

Pay your taxes.

Drive within the speed limit.

Don't steal.

Don't consort with prostitutes.

Get permits for all home improvements.

Register your car every year.

2minkey

bootlicker
what if your "improvements" are a despicable eyesore and bring down the community standard of living?

Gonz

molṑn labé
Staff member
They aren't.

I refuse to live in a "community" that has rules about what I can do to my home.

2minkey

bootlicker
great. that's your choice.

now me, i'm not going to live in a place where people make wacky additions, have 15 people living in a single-family dwelling, or store a beater boat in front of their house.

Gonz

molṑn labé
Staff member
Cool. You voluntarily give up some freedom. Seems foolish to me but it is your choice.

15 people in a single family dwelling...what about a mother, father & their 13 kids? Is that a problem?

2minkey

bootlicker
sure. but i'd never end up living in a place that tended to feature folks like that.

foolish? giving up choice? no... i'm choosing to live in a place that precludes others from doing stupid shit that i myself would never do. i have no problem with seeking the approval of, say, a homeowner's association if i wanted to make some change to the gross outer dimensions of a dwelling, and i would be happy that as part of that association, i'd have a say in any plans others had that would impact my enjoyment of my property.

it's not all fire and brimstone liberty and freedom all the time gonz. in this case, it's called 'protecting yourself from fuckheads with poor taste.' and in another way, it's simply an extension of gentlemanly courtesy.

what does your neighborhood look like, by the way? you're telling me there's no eyesores?

Gonz

molṑn labé
Staff member
Dunno & don't care. I don't live in one. I do think that freedom & liberty are always ON. If I can't paint my house purple then I have lost my freedom.

You are then free to move. Or paint your house yellow.

2minkey

bootlicker
Dunno & don't care. I don't live in one. I do think that freedom & liberty are always ON. If I can't paint my house purple then I have lost my freedom.

You are then free to move. Or paint your house yellow.

you don't notice your surroundings? that's quite odd. must be why you don't care.

may your neighbors paint their houses pink and orange, repair cars on their front lawns, and own packs of roaming goats. you are then free to move and lose money on your house.

Gonz

molṑn labé
Staff member
Since I'm not paying their rent (save the white trash queens next door), I don't worry about theuir property. It is private after all.

2minkey

bootlicker
it's not private when it's spilling out on to the front lawn.

hey man, live the way you want. but don't blame me for finding it kinda vile.

Gonz

molṑn labé
Staff member
If I have no right to trespass on it, change it, sell it or give it away, it's private.

In the case of Bear Shit in the Woods Estates, the association has no responsibility to upkeep my property, maintain my property, repair my property or finance my property yet they have the right to tell I must do these things & how I must do them.

The chance of a purple house with lime green trim is a small price to pay in comparison to forgoing the rights to my property.

This issue is a great indicator of the gulf between our viewpoints. We may have a similar baseline, in general, but, in specific, we're leagues apart.
I refuse to give up my liberty to anyone for anything while you are willing to uphold the community over the individual. Hey, that sounds like....

Winky

Get off my lawn

In the case of Bear Shit in the Woods Estates, the association has no responsibility to upkeep my property,
maintain my property, repair my property or finance my property
yet they have the right to tell me I must do these things & how I must do them.

Fuckin' A!
thumbsup.gif

Winky

No labels my ass! Call a spade a Muslim

I refuse to give up my liberty to anyone for anything
while you are willing to uphold the community over the individual. Hey, that sounds like....

A fricken commie bastardo?

2minkey

bootlicker
If I have no right to trespass on it, change it, sell it or give it away, it's private.

In the case of Bear Shit in the Woods Estates, the association has no responsibility to upkeep my property, maintain my property, repair my property or finance my property yet they have the right to tell I must do these things & how I must do them.

The chance of a purple house with lime green trim is a small price to pay in comparison to forgoing the rights to my property.

This issue is a great indicator of the gulf between our viewpoints. We may have a similar baseline, in general, but, in specific, we're leagues apart.
I refuse to give up my liberty to anyone for anything while you are willing to uphold the community over the individual. Hey, that sounds like....

yes, i am willing to uphold a standard that both my neighbors and i have made a choice to participate in, and pay for. don't like it, don't choose it. you keep fighting for your freedom. i'll be over here in the place without appliances on the front porch, and better value retention.

catocom

more power to you, if you want to believe it makes the retention better.

Me, I wanna be able to put a couple of couches around a campfire
in the front yard like Kid Rock, if I feel like it.

Winky

Whaddya mean I can't do that?

I wanna be able to skin hookers
on the tree branch in my side yard