*withdrawal symptoms*

Professur

Mostly ales. But I've been known to track down a good beer from time to time. But here in Quebec, most of the beer tastes like preservatives. Fortunately, there are sufficient micro brewries to keep the big guys honest.

But my company sent me on a road trip a few weeks back and I got the chance to stock up on some good maritime beer, and a couple of import brews that aren't availible in Quebec. The cupboard is definitely not bare.

The bitch is testing each beer to find it's best temp. Some are top shelf fridge. Some bottom shelf. Some under sink with the cold water pipes.

ris

micro breweries are only just catching on here, although i know they're more established in the us and canada. i've had a few bottled beers from micro-brewers imported and they are nice.

i've heard of a few pubs in london starting to do their own in-house stuff, and there are a couple of americans who have set up micro-breweries and are doing well.

Professur

What I'd really like to do is get some home-brew going, but the really good equipment just can't be got over here. My uncle in England had a setup that I'd kill for. He'd start a brew in a vat, then decant it into a keg and pressurize it. Home brew draft, with all the head and flavour of a pub-drawn pint. Similar equipment over here would buy me a new car.