Wolfowitz:"We just had no choice in Iraq. The country swims on a sea of oil."

JohnB1000

Bush said he had 710 reasons to invade iraq..........lets see if you turn 710 upside down ..........nah really .....how bout that..it says OIL ...hmmmm:headbang:

Gonz

molṑn labé
Staff member
Luis G said:
How many Iraqies are in worse life conditions now than before the war?

Children out of jail.
The Baath party no longers murders & tortures.
They are free to voice displeasure.
The entire Shiite population has it's voice back.

I'd say quite a few have better lives & the rebuild has barely started.

ris

Gonz said:
Luis G said:
How many Iraqies are in worse life conditions now than before the war?

Children out of jail.
The Baath party no longers murders & tortures.
They are free to voice displeasure.
The entire Shiite population has it's voice back.

I'd say quite a few have better lives & the rebuild has barely started.

the us can't take all the credit for those out of jail, remember hussein released loads of people before the war.

but there are cities still without water, electricity and food, security is still pretty low so personal security is now gone and looting still occurs. they are still under a regime and do not control their lives.

i watched tv footage in a documentary last night that showed secret filming at an anti-us rally - one of the soldiers told the noisier ones that either they left or they would be removed, just after telling the guy that he should be grateful he was there to give them freedom of speech.
same documentary showed accounts of civilian dead during the war and how a good deal of the population are scared that if they do something wrong they'll get shot at - a white flag didn't help those that did.

in a while it will improve but right now i bet most iraqi's wonder if the democracy they've been brought was all that good. i look at afghanistan and hope that the us/uk don't get bored and leave iraq to go sour like it has there.

Shadowfax

<b>mod cow</b>
hehehe...

reasonstoinvade.jpg

outside looking in

<b>Registered Member</b>
ris said:
the us can't take all the credit for those out of jail, remember hussein released loads of people before the war.
And he did that because of his own good nature.... or because he knew we were coming?

a good deal of the population are scared that if they do something wrong they'll get shot at - a white flag didn't help those that did.
Now I wonder just whose fault that is. :retard4:

in a while it will improve but right now i bet most iraqi's wonder if the democracy they've been brought was all that good. i look at afghanistan and hope that the us/uk don't get bored and leave iraq to go sour like it has there.
I hope so too. But half the world thinke we're monsters for remaining there and "oppressing" the Iraqi people now, and the other half will think we're monsters if we leave with the country in shambles. What do you do?

I suggest we continue doing what we have been doing... the right thing.

flavio

Banned
outside looking in said:
I hope so too. But half the world thinke we're monsters for remaining there and "oppressing" the Iraqi people now, and the other half will think we're monsters if we leave with the country in shambles. What do you do?

You can fix and rebuild stuff without running the government for years. This is not such a hard question.

outside looking in said:
I suggest we continue doing what we have been doing... the right thing.

LOL! That's pretty funny.

Misleading the public and the world to get support for an invasion of a country that was not threatening us, killing thousands of people, blowing up massive amounts of stuff and handing huge contracts to your buddies to rebuild it, and occupying adn running the governement for a people that hate you and what you're doing is now considered the right thing.

Funny stuff.

Gonz

molṑn labé
Staff member
So, flavio, you're calling the UN & Bill Clinton and others, liars?

Gonz

molṑn labé
Staff member
Text of a letter from Congress to US President WJ Clinton

"We urge you, after consulting with Congress, and consistent with the U.S. Constitution and laws, to take necessary actions (including, if appropriate, air and missile strikes on suspect Iraqi sites) to respond effectively to the threat posed by Iraq's refusal to end its weapons of mass destruction programs."

Who signed the letter? Among them are the following Senate Democrats: Levin, Lieberman, Lautenberg, Dodd, Kerrey, Feinstein, Mikulski, Daschle, Breaux, Johnson, Inouye, Landrieu, Ford and Kerry.

flavio

Banned
Gonz said:
So, flavio, you're calling the UN & Bill Clinton and others, liars?

Did they invade Iraq while I wasn't looking? If not then no.

Gonz said:
respond effectively to the threat posed by Iraq's refusal to end its weapons of mass destruction programs

Sounds good. Maybe we could have run some inspections to make sure they weren't pursuing these programs.

Sounds a lot better that wasting hundreds of billions of dollars taking over their country while the economy is in the toilet, the deficit is setting records, and public schools are broke.

ris

outside looking in said:
ris said:
a good deal of the population are scared that if they do something wrong they'll get shot at - a white flag didn't help those that did.
Now I wonder just whose fault that is. :retard4:

maybe i'm being slow but i don't get the response. the footage showed a lot of civilian vehicles whacked by missile fire [unfortunate but a reality of war], it also had a fair bit of interview with baghdad residents saying that the us army used a shoot first ask questions later policy - they described that even people waving white flags were getting shot at.

if the people are scared of the us military shooting them and are being told by military personel that the new freedoms they are bringing only go so far 'leave or we will make you' were the exact words on tape then the fault is with the military. i'm having a hard time imagining that the hussein regime can be blamed for the actions of the us military under peace time.

a lot of the iraqi people didn't welcome the us forces initially and are still dubious because they were told by the hussein regime that civilians would be killed and things get worse and it is so far coming true. i have no doubt it will improve but i am not all that confident when i look at the mess of afghanistan.

PT

Off 'Motherfuckin' Topic Elite
I get the response completely. They used the tactics of waving the white flag to get our guys to approach them, then starting firing at our guys without provocation. This happened not once or twice but all over the country, and was obviously approved of from the top. The Iraqi Military broke the trust of the white flag, not us.

ris

these were accounts from civilians who said they saw non-combatants moving away from the army units, waving white flags, and were shot.