Woman ordered to pose nude for trial

Gato_Solo

Out-freaking-standing OTC member
Luis G said:
Having sex with a 15-16 yo with consent shouldn't be a crime.

Why shouldn't it? Can most of these 15-16 year old children take care of a baby, finish school, and become a tax-paying member of society? How about rising above minimum wage? They aren't mature enough to handle the consequences. Hell...most 20 year olds aren't mature enough to handle the consequences. Now, add to the fact that the person doing the seduction is over twice the age of the person being seduced. Sorry Luis, but, in this case, your argument is a bad one.

This has nothing to do with birth control, either, so don't throw that in like it's 100% effective.

Luis G

<i><b>Problemator</b></i>
Staff member
Gato_Solo said:
Why shouldn't it? Can most of these 15-16 year old children take care of a baby, finish school, and become a tax-paying member of society? How about rising above minimum wage? They aren't mature enough to handle the consequences. Hell...most 20 year olds aren't mature enough to handle the consequences. Now, add to the fact that the person doing the seduction is over twice the age of the person being seduced. Sorry Luis, but, in this case, your argument is a bad one.

This has nothing to do with birth control, either, so don't throw that in like it's 100% effective.

I have no argument, just an opinion. And I remain the same, they are old enough to consent about their body.

Most girls and boys over there start having sex at the age of 13 isn't that true? I doubt this boy was a first timer. What's the big deal of having them (with consent) with someone who is older?

abooja

Luis G said:
Most girls and boys over there start having sex at the age of 13 isn't that true? I doubt this boy was a first timer. What's the big deal of having them (with consent) with someone who is older?
Because our culture attempts to keep children dependent and impressionable -- ie. children -- longer than do most cultures. 13 year-olds may be running around having sex, doing drugs and piercing and tattooing every last body part, but that in and of itself doesn't make them mature adults. Generally, kids who are exposed to adulthood prematurely, in my opinion, are raised in dysfunctional families and will not fare well in life without a lot of struggle. It's bad enough that these kids are screwing around with kids their own age. To legalize a 55 year-old man having sex with a 13 year-old girl, for instance, is asking for a ton of trouble.

Gonz

molṑn labé
Staff member
abooja said:
Because our culture attempts to keep children dependent and impressionable -- ie. children -- longer than do most cultures. 13 year-olds may be running around having sex, doing drugs and piercing and tattooing every last body part, but that in and of itself doesn't make them mature adults. Generally, kids who are exposed to adulthood prematurely, in my opinion, are raised in dysfunctional families and will not fare well in life without a lot of struggle. It's bad enough that these kids are screwing around with kids their own age. To legalize a 55 year-old man having sex with a 13 year-old girl, for instance, is asking for a ton of trouble.

Well put.

15-16 year olds do not have the foggiest idea what they want or need. The are on the cusp. With good parenting & morals, they'll pass go. With idiot parents they'll have 2 or three abortions.

BeardofPants

It all depends on the mentality of the teen in question as well. I've always been somewhat precocious. I started having sex when I was 14, moved out of home at 16 - put myself through school, and uni. I'm still with the guy I slept with at 14. We now live together in the apartment we bought. I was 24 when we bought it. :shrug:

Gato_Solo

BeardofPants said:
Whatchoo talkin' about Willis? It's already happening. :shrug:

Not by 35 year old's it isn't...at least not yet. :rolleyes: You don't see this as a problem BoP?

Gonz

molṑn labé
Staff member
BeardofPants said:
It all depends on the mentality of the teen in question as well. I've always been somewhat precocious. I started having sex when I was 14, moved out of home at 16 - put myself through school, and uni. I'm still with the guy I slept with at 14. We now live together in the apartment we bought. I was 24 when we bought it. :shrug:

So, you are the exception proving the rule. I'd bet there aren't 50 like you in NZ...those born after 1970 & not forced into marriage.

BeardofPants

Gato_Solo said:
Not by 35 year old's it isn't...at least not yet. :rolleyes: You don't see this as a problem BoP?

Like I said in my previous post, it depends on the maturity level of both lovers. One of my then 15 year old friends fell in love with a 40+ guy. It's been ten years now, and they're married, with a young boy.

BeardofPants

What slippery slope are we talking about? Having sex with girls under sixteen? If so, that's been in practice for a damned long time. Ever look outside the western world, and seen how young the girls are over there when they start having sex/getting married?

Professur

And exactly how young would you say should be permitted here? 16? 14? 12? 6?

But, if they love each other, why should age matter? Or race? Or perhaps even breed?

BeardofPants

You know, I just remembered why it's not worth debating with you. :rolleyes:

I never even clarified that far, I merely said that the maturity of the lovers was a good factor to take into consideration. Obviously there have to be limitations - the lovers have to be consensual (which rules out other non-sentient species), and the lovers should be post-pubescent. Physically, many teens are ready to have sex around the 12-13 range. Mentally, most of them are not, in terms of western perspectives anyway. However, that's not to say that all teens within a certain age-range think the same way. :shrug:

Professur

BeardofPants said:
You know, I just remembered why it's not worth debating with you. :rolleyes:

I never even clarified that far, I merely said that the maturity of the lovers was a good factor to take into consideration. Obviously there have to be limitations - the lovers have to be consensual (which rules out other non-sentient species), and the lovers should be post-pubescent. Physically, many teens are ready to have sex around the 12-13 range. Mentally, most of them are not, in terms of western perspectives anyway. However, that's not to say that all teens within a certain age-range think the same way. :shrug:

Not worth debating with me, eh? Why is that? because I demand facts instead of opinions? Fact number one. To make a law, it must have actual tangible limits. Like a set age. I was more than capable of safe drinking at 12. Legally, a bartender couldn't serve me until I was 18.

Children are physically capable of having sex as young as 4. So what? I can get anyone I want to consent to just about anything. And usually convince them that it's their own idea. Children easily so. A 14 year old, with raging hormones, rebelling against authority is easily the easiest target for a pervert that you could find. The laws aren't set because a bunch of grumpy old men decided that kids shouldn't have sex. They're set so, to give children enough time to grow up, and stop believing in Santa Claus and other fairy tales. And enough maturity to perhaps not be swayed by strangers waving candy under their noses.

Gato_Solo

Starya said:
Oh.

*stops googling*

I'm not looking for any nude photos. :rolleyes: A simple face-shot would do. After all. A photo of a man who did the crime would've still been circulating. ;)