Woman Walks Away From 14-Story Fall

[b]

Her second attempt?!?!

What did she try the first time?

Ah well, if at first you don't succeed...

G

Fresco said the woman had tried to commit suicide Friday by overdosing on pills but was rushed to the hospital and had her stomach pumped.

The story tells more details than what I quoted. The Good Lord must be looking after her if she really fell 14 stories, however I seriously doubt that it is true.

StuTheWise

Somebody once told me, "One thing I learned about committing suicide; you'd better do you're homework 'cause it's a lot harder than it looks!"

If you're jumping off a building, better make sure the fall is far enough and you land on concrete head first. Landing on a car breaks your fall quite a bit (especially if it's an American car... no roll-over standards=weak roofs).

I always figured you drive out to the middle of nowhere, walk through the desert several miles, then shoot yourself in the head (through the roof of your mouth) with a .22.

G

Let's guess that the woman fell 112 feet if each story was 8 feet tall. I found a conversion for metric units and converted this to approximately 34 meters.

Using this handy little webpage I found: http://www.jracademy.com/~jtucek/physics/1d_java.html

I discovered if she fell 34 meters then she would have hit the car top at approximately 57.75 miles per hour. Given that she probably was over 100 pounds in weight, I doubt the car top could withstand 100 pounds falling on it at 57 mph.