Working for Gubment Rocks

Mirlyn

PT said:
They just ordered these for everyone in programming.
What size are those? :D We just put in another round of Dell 21's. Very very nice monitors....made by Samsung I believe. :headbang: Got a Dell 19 on my desk next to a 19 Samsung.

greenfreak

What's the dot pitch on that? So many of those monitors look sleek but the picture quality is terrible, blurry. My boss bought one from Dell without really knowing the quality, because he liked the small footprint. He got used to the blurriness but if he had known, he wouldn't have bought it.

Those things are really expensive, even for the crummier ones. Looks pretty damn cool though. :D

Mirlyn

greenfreak said:
What's the dot pitch on that? So many of those monitors look sleek but the picture quality is terrible, blurry. My boss bought one from Dell without really knowing the quality, because he liked the small footprint. He got used to the blurriness but if he had known, he wouldn't have bought it.

Those things are really expensive, even for the crummier ones. Looks pretty damn cool though. :D
My 1901FP is 0.294 mm. It does have a bit of blur on some bold text, but only when on VGA, the blur goes away on DVI. I'm still waiting for an excuse to buy a dual DVI card.

catocom

yeah, all the gov. places around this town I've been in, all have LCDs too.
Only about half of them have comps over 1ghz though. :retard2:

PT

Off 'Motherfuckin' Topic Elite
This one is .225 It says it's a 20.1 inch, with 20.1 viewable. I guess LCD's don't do the whole 17" /15.9 viewable thing. This will be a good upgrade for me, I'm using a 17 CRT now. Although, yes Cat. It's going on a 1 Gig PIII. :shrug:

http://accessories.us.dell.com/sna/...=techspecs&sku=320-1578&c=us&l=en&cs=RC956864

749 bucks. I surely wouldn't spend that on myself. The USB ports will be nice though, beats reaching around behind it now for my memory stick.

Inkara1

greenfreak said:

One thing about LCD monitors: They have a "max resolution" which should be called "the only resolution you actually want to run." Most 17" LCDs (mine included) have a "max" resolution of 1280x1024. Run it at that resolution and pictures are sharp as sharp can be... run it at any other and it looks like ass.

Inkara1

It took me a little bit to get used to the new monitor... but now that I am the picture looks downright soft and blurry on the old Sony (I gave it to my mom when I built a system for her).

Mare

Going off subject here.

I was in Office Depot the other day.....seen these laptops....started playing with a few....OMG.....I want sooo bad.....just totally do away with this desktop and get a laptop..... :D

OK...now that i'm done dreaming....please resume what you were saying..... :)

Mirlyn

PT said:
This one is .225 It says it's a 20.1 inch, with 20.1 viewable. I guess LCD's don't do the whole 17" /15.9 viewable thing. This will be a good upgrade for me, I'm using a 17 CRT now. Although, yes Cat. It's going on a 1 Gig PIII. :shrug:

http://accessories.us.dell.com/sna/...=techspecs&sku=320-1578&c=us&l=en&cs=RC956864

749 bucks. I surely wouldn't spend that on myself. The USB ports will be nice though, beats reaching around behind it now for my memory stick.
Just heard from our dell rep the other day that the 2005FPW are marked way down (almost $500 now). 20" widescreen with Picture-in-Picture. PiP on a freakin monitor? I don't know whether to laugh or be interested.

Professur

It probably has the s-video inputs, I installed a 20" flat for a customer recently, that connected to his satelite dish output, and his security system

Mirlyn

Professur said:
It probably has the s-video inputs, I installed a 20" flat for a customer recently, that connected to his satelite dish output, and his security system
The Dell™ UltraSharp™ 2005FPW 20.1-inch Flat Panel LCD Monitor is a wide aspect desktop display that redefines the performance of LCD displays with a stylish new Dell industrial design, and advanced functionality. Watch DVDs in natural format and run multiple applications simultaneously. Improve productivity with less scrolling and toggling. The 2005FPW wide aspect Flat Panel LCD also provides an excellent option for video editing and 3D imaging as both source and destination video can be viewed in a single window! With 4 USB 2.0 ports, 2 located on the side, the Dell™ 2005FPW gives users convenient access points to plug in devices such as keyboards, digital cameras, secondary hard drives and printers. It also supports advanced features such as PIP (picture in picture) and PBP (picture by picture) and can be activated with a touch of a button on the front of the display. With 5.1 inches (130 mm) of height adjustment virtually every user can adjust the display to their exact comfort level and help reduce eye and neck strain.

doesn't say.....our regular dells are just DVI/VGA, but I have seen some flat panels (Viewsonic, I think?) with built-in TV tuners and other inputs. S-video, etc would be nice.

Mirlyn

$500ish....didn't ask further....didn't want to know. I bought these 19's at higher prices a year ago, and not ready for replacements yet. I'd get too tempted. :D