World Cup: it's time again!

AlladinSane

Place your bets. My favourites are
1.Argentina
2.Netherlands
3.Brazil
4.*random african team* (Ivory Coast would be my bet if they were training with a coach for a longer time)

AlladinSane

Best show until now was given by Germany. Too soon to point it as a candidate, but I liked what I saw. Can't say the same of Netherlands. I was expecting a more creative team. Playing now: Italy x Paraguay. This is the best paraguayan team ever IMO, I dare to say they might win against one of the worst Italys I ever knew...

Professur

My bet ... the most embarassing moment of the entire series will belong to someone with an English connection ...

so far, I'm 2-zip on this.

AlladinSane

From my favourites, only Netherlands still remains. Though I would add Germany to the list at this point.

BeardofPants

Cheering for Germany tomorrow! If it's the Nederlands against Germany, that will be interesting. The BF will be for Germany, and I'll be cheering the Nederlands. :D

MrBishop

Nope...but they outlasted teh French, so that's something.

It's the Finals on Sat/Sun.
Germany v. Uruguay on Saturday for 3rd and consolation - my money's on Germany taking 3rd place.
Spain v. The Netherlands on Sunday... first time either wins the FIFA world cup. My money is of course on Spain.