World-record bass

Gato_Solo

Out-freaking-standing OTC member
SouthernN'Proud said:
Dumbass.

Have it vaildated, and if the bidding isn't high enough, start the hush puppy batter rising.

A fish that old deserves a proper send-off...He should be stuffed with lemons, thyme, and sage. Then placed in a foil bag with some decent white wine, and then placed in an oven, pre-heated to 350F, for about 30 minutes.

*snort* Hush puppy batter, indeed. *snort*

paul_valaru

100% Pure Canadian Beef
Gato_Solo said:
A fish that old deserves a proper send-off...He should be stuffed with lemons, thyme, and sage. Then placed in a foil bag with some decent white wine, and then placed in an oven, pre-heated to 350F, for about 30 minutes.

also some olive oil, a nice pilaf on the side.

Leslie

Communistrator
Staff member
You'd rather he eat it than throw it back for a) it to live b) others to have the opportunity to snag the big one (which obviously doesn't learn from experience so should be easy to catch)?

weird.

Gato_Solo

Leslie said:
You'd rather he eat it than throw it back for a) it to live b) others to have the opportunity to snag the big one (which obviously doesn't learn from experience so should be easy to catch)?

weird.

Not really. I hate 'sport' fishing almost as much as 'sport' hunting. Yes...the two do corrolate. Now...if the fish were too small, then throw it back. Pan-sized or greater means eating sized.

tonksy

I dunno...a fish that big (that isn't really normal for the type) might taste a little odd. I'd go for the batter myself....or a sauce piquant.

SouthernN'Proud

Southern Discomfort
Gato_Solo said:

Bake a fish?

Really?

People bake fish?

*weird*

And gitcher hands off my hush puppies...

HomeLAN

Gato_Solo said:
Not really. I hate 'sport' fishing almost as much as 'sport' hunting. Yes...the two do corrolate. Now...if the fish were too small, then throw it back. Pan-sized or greater means eating sized.

:thumbup:

Gato_Solo

tonksy said:
I dunno...a fish that big (that isn't really normal for the type) might taste a little odd. I'd go for the batter myself....or a sauce piquant.

The wine usually takes out that 'gamey' taste...which is whi I suggested it. Batter won't do it. The piquant sauce might, but wine is a proven source. ;)

Mare

highwayman said:
He did what with the fish?

Was over my sisters and seen that on TV the other night. I Know can you believe he threw it back. And now they are saying the picture wont help him out any.

Yes! a true dumbass!