World's Tallest Building Proposed For WTC Site

B

Bubba

Altron said:
I'm all for just launching a nuke and killing those bastards.

So much of our taxes go into missiles, it would be a shame to waste it all...

LOL. I wont disagree. :headbang:

ihcra

ris said:
i think ihcra is refering to the gulf, i believe more british servicemen died in freindly fire than from enemy action.

thaks ris - yes i meant the gulf

not afghanistan or whever some canadians died by recieveing truth justice and the american way delivered from 20,000 ft

a large number of british servicemen died from 'friendly' tank fire in the gulkf - on a clear day despite saying on the radio "dont shoot we are on your side"

Gato_Solo

Out-freaking-standing OTC member
ihcra said:
ris said:
i think ihcra is refering to the gulf, i believe more british servicemen died in freindly fire than from enemy action.

thaks ris - yes i meant the gulf

not afghanistan or whever some canadians died by recieveing truth justice and the american way delivered from 20,000 ft

a large number of british servicemen died from 'friendly' tank fire in the gulkf - on a clear day despite saying on the radio "dont shoot we are on your side"

War is unpredictable, nasty, and downright mean. There are target zones, free-fire zones, no-fire zones, and we, as soldiers, sailors, and airmen are responsible for knowing which is where. Most times, we get it right. Sometimes, due to fatigue, complacency, or downright stupidity, we get it wrong. I'm not defending the incidents, as they were put out there for the world to see, but I am only trying to correct the misconception that we killed allies on purpose...which seems to be the current trend around the world. Perhaps I'm reading too much into what you said, ihcra, but until you've spent 12 to 36 hours in a fox-hole in a constant adrenalin rush, with every sound you hear amplified 10 times by your brain, facing what could be your violent and bloody death,you can't really, as a civilian, judge what happened. That's why the military has it's own court system, and that's why I say that most civilians have no idea what they're talking about when talk about wanting/needing a war, or waiting for the war they say we need/want and then deciding that they shouldn't serve because they have 'better things to do with their lives'. Yes, by the constitution, the military is run by civilians, but that right also has a corresponding duty that most folks would like to forget. If you have to ask me about it, then you won't understand even if I tell you.

ihcra

i appreciate all that gato

the incidents in general were accidents i concede not deliberate acts

just a bit a stupid for what is supposed to be the most advanced military machine in the world

Gato_Solo

Perhaps the most technically advanced, but even the best weapons system is used by people. The weak link in the chain of any event is the person behind the trigger...not the one in front of it. I, myself, have worked beyond what most folks would call extreme, but, thankfully, I wasn't using a weapon. Funny thing is...I could actually sense my fatigue towards the last 3 hours or so. The first 30 hours were pure adrenalin...launching and recovering 20 heavies an hour. I watched people come in and leave work in a dull blur the entire time. It wasn't until I had to do the load-out for the last plane out (the one with my crew) that I realized how long I'd been working. Seems I'd fallen asleep on the lap-top I was planning my load on. (no, GF, I didn't burn my penis ;) ) From that point on, it was coffee and sweat...You may not totally understand this, but I knew I couldn't be trusted with anything more dangerous than a spit-wad at the end, but that's when you're expected to work your hardest.

Altron

Gato_Solo said:
Sometimes, due to fatigue, complacency, or downright stupidity, we get it wrong. I'm not defending the incidents, as they were put out there for the world to see, but I am only trying to correct the misconception that we killed allies on purpose...which seems to be the current trend around the world. Perhaps I'm reading too much into what you said, ihcra, but until you've spent 12 to 36 hours in a fox-hole in a constant adrenalin rush, with every sound you hear amplified 10 times by your brain, facing what could be your violent and bloody death,you can't really, as a civilian, judge what happened.

I've never been in a real war, but I play WAY to many FPS games and I totally get what you are talking about. After a while your reactions are so sharp you can just kill without looking. For example I see someone and I shoot right for the head [And I don't miss] and if its a teammate they yell "TKer" and if its an enemy they yell "cheater"

PT

Off 'Motherfuckin' Topic Elite
Altron, do you play AAO?

As for the fatigue, I do think it's interesting that every branch of the service has sleep deprivation training. They keep you awake for 72 or more hours and expect you to perform ordinary tasks. I may be a night person, and can function on 4 or 5 hours sleep a night, but keep me up for more than 30 and stuff just starts shutting down.

Altron

PuterTutor said:
Altron, do you play AAO?

As for the fatigue, I do think it's interesting that every branch of the service has sleep deprivation training. They keep you awake for 72 or more hours and expect you to perform ordinary tasks. I may be a night person, and can function on 4 or 5 hours sleep a night, but keep me up for more than 30 and stuff just starts shutting down.

AAO?
nope. I play Wolfenstein
and in a gew minutes I'm heading over to get some practice for clan tryouts :D
I'm a night person too. I can be dead tired at 2:00PM but my 10:00PM I am fully awake...

Gato_Solo

PuterTutor said:

That's because of the 'job' we're supposed to do. There will be times when you just won't be able to sleep. Could be a lot of things. Any enemy knows that, if you keep someone awake long enough, they start shutting down. That's why most attacks happen at night. Daylight is just to harrass. If you're lucky, or smart, you may get to be in the rear, but that doesn't happen too often...especially since the invention of Theater Ballistic Missiles (rockets).

ihcra

Gato_Solo said:
That's because of the 'job' we're supposed to do. There will be times when you just won't be able to sleep.

sound like being an architect, eh ris, which brings us neatly back on topic to the thread title!

PT

Off 'Motherfuckin' Topic Elite
ihcra said:
Gato_Solo said:
That's because of the 'job' we're supposed to do. There will be times when you just won't be able to sleep.

sound like being an architect, eh ris, which brings us neatly back on topic to the thread title!

:disgust2:

ihcra

to be fair to yourself ris your concrete box would prolly have a pretty stained glass window!