Worst Person in the NFL

Inkara1

Keith Olberman... I guess he's some sort of talking head I've never heard of. This year, on NBC football telecasts, he'll have his weekly "Worst Person in the NFL" segment. This week, he nominated himself for the honor, because he believed Michael Vick when he said he was innocent before he pleaded guilty.

Gonz

molṑn labé
Staff member
Keith Olberman is a former KCBS sports anchor currently with an anti-Bush show on PMSNBC (it may go beyond anti-Bush but every single time I've flipped by it, he was bashing GW)

unclehobart

That whole halftime set seemed a little off kilter. Tiki and the others had no chemsitry and Bob Costas kept using large words that the typical football had no way to wrap their head around.

SouthernN'Proud

Southern Discomfort
Keith Olberman is a former KCBS sports anchor currently with an anti-Bush show on PMSNBC (it may go beyond anti-Bush but every single time I've flipped by it, he was bashing GW)

He is also a former SportsCenter anchor just prior to leaving for PMSNBC.

I didn't see the event in question, was watching me alma mater play Louisville a tough game before folding, but I can only imagine. Olberman's as big a lib cheerleader as Rather was if not worse.

Maybe he did, or does, believe Michael Vick's self-serving story. Given the other crap he believes in, it wouldn't surprise me that he'd fall for something so idiotic, transparent, and just plain ol' dumb. Takes all kinds, or so everybody keeps telling me. I personally can think of several "kinds" we could do without, but that's a different kettle of fish.

spike

Anti-Bush? :laugh:

Countdown goes through the top news stories of the day. If they often happen to reflect Bush screw ups that would be Bush's fault.

SouthernN'Proud

Southern Discomfort
I saw Olberman's little...contribution...this week.

Why, why, WHY would any network want to air, and I quote Costas, "a regular weekly feature all season long" with this as its premise? In light of Michael Vick, the entire Cincinatti Bengals roster, and the myriad of other black eyes the league has been forced to work through, why on Earth would a network contracting to broadcast the games want to DO this??!! It seems like corporate suicide to me. Why draw the negative attention?

Brainless. In other words, typical Olberman fodder.

SouthernN'Proud

Southern Discomfort
No argument on that front, but it remains a mystery to me why NBC would do this, and why the NFL isn't kicking some exec's ass for allowing it. At least under that title. Bad business if you ask me, which you didn't, so call it a bonus. :D

Professur

Wanna know why? Because people are talking about it, and keep saying the magic words ... NBC and NFL. There is no bad PR.

spike

No argument on that front, but it remains a mystery to me why NBC would do this, and why the NFL isn't kicking some exec's ass for allowing it. At least under that title. Bad business if you ask me, which you didn't, so call it a bonus. :D

"Maybe, just maybe the idea of adding Keith Olbermann to the NFL on NBC roster is paying off for his MSNBC show. Countdown was the number one show in all of cable news Friday night, in the 25-54 demo (live+ same day DVR). Olbermann's Friday night win comes after his Thursday night appearance during halftime of the Saints-Colts game. An estimated 16.5 million viewers (18-49) watched the game.

>More: an NBC insider adds the big story here is that this is the first time Olbermann has beaten O'Reilly, not a substitute host, in the key demo. The insider adds, "KO has been trending in that direction for weeks."

Execs are looking pretty smart now. He's beating Falafel boy.

markjs

Banned
The last installment of it I heard (because I don't watch halftime bullshit very often), there was some shit said about the Jet's fans being the worst person in the NFL for cheering the injury to Chad Pennington, and I'd have to agree there. Just another example of the fine fans of New York city, being the scum they are....

I wonder who it might be next week?

cheatiesne9.jpg

Could it be....Belichick?

Inkara1

They didn't show it this week. I wonder if it was because they interviewed Bob Kraft (Patriots owner) about the whole videotape thing and that tiik time... or if it's because it was a steaming pile of shit.