Would you consider this statement accurate?

Could this explain why pain & suffering are permitted to endure in the world?

• Yes

Votes: 4 36.4%
  • No

Votes: 6 54.5%
  • Don't understand/don't know

Votes: 1 9.1%

• Total voters

HeXp£Øi±

Could this statement accurately explain why pain & suffering are permitted to endure in the world?

If God exists then he must be either all powerful and not all good; or all good and not all powerful.

(Answering this is not stating that you believe in god)

PT

Off 'Motherfuckin' Topic Elite
I suppose it could be accurate. Specially since the first word is IF.

Jeslek

Banned
No I don't consider that accurate. Because, you can be all good and still allow people to murder and kill. Its called free choice. :)

Squiggy

ThunderDick
Hmmm... I just voted and then I thought.. He/She could be not all good and not all powerful....

Jerrek, I'll have to ponder that answer....We are talking about God and not just a neighbor...

Jeslek

Banned
When I was little my mom would warn me not to do something. Sometimes I would listen, sometimes I would not. Sometimes she would tell me not to do something, and then watch, and allow me, to do it and get burnt. Thats how I learnt.

Who is to say that a murderer isn't supposed to learn something from his act, and that the now deceased was supposed to be punished for something?

Remember, we're talking God here, almighty, all-knowing, and all that.

freako104

to an extent although there are other reasons such as karma,human nature, evil and others but that can be an accurate statement.

flavio

Banned
Jerrek said:
When I was little my mom would warn me not to do something. Sometimes I would listen, sometimes I would not. Sometimes she would tell me not to do something, and then watch, and allow me, to do it and get burnt. Thats how I learnt.

Who is to say that a murderer isn't supposed to learn something from his act, and that the now deceased was supposed to be punished for something?

I bet your mom is not almighty or all-knowing, but maybe we need another poll.

Squiggy

ThunderDick
Jerrek said:

Jerrek, would you pick one fucking side of an argument and quit flip-flopping...This from someone who is totally in favor of the death penalty...I guess you like murdering good people then.... ArrrGHH!

dan

"pain and suffering" coupled with free will doesn't cover everything...

think of all those starving people around the world who have done no more than be born in a particular area...

there is the "all knowing, and there's something /you/ don't know" argument... but i dunno quite what these people must have done to be starved to death, especially if we're not going with reincarnation...

Gato_Solo

Out-freaking-standing OTC member
dan said:
"pain and suffering" coupled with free will doesn't cover everything...

think of all those starving people around the world who have done no more than be born in a particular area...

there is the "all knowing, and there's something /you/ don't know" argument... but i dunno quite what these people must have done to be starved to death, especially if we're not going with reincarnation...

Actually, it does cover everything. Most of the people in the world who are starving are doing so because somebody else is either causing, or ignoring, their plight. ;)

Squiggy

ThunderDick
:hmm: Hey goofy..You're the one who wants the death penalty even though you think the murderers are just "supposed to learn something" and " the now deceased was supposed to be punished"....

Q

His arguments usually don't make much sense...but this one is downright stupid.:grumpy:

Jeslek

Banned
Squiggy said:
:hmm: Hey goofy..You're the one who wants the death penalty even though you think the murderers are just "supposed to learn something" and " the now deceased was supposed to be punished"....
The point I'm trying to make is that justice may be served through such an act, in the grand grand scheme of things.