Would you help a bird out?

kuulani

greenfreak said:
I just read about the po'ouli bird of Hawaii, and that it is most likely now extinct. An excerpt from another news article about the bird:

So know this: The po'ouli is not unique. Most of Hawaii's native birds are heading toward extinction, victims of introduced predators, disease and habitat loss. Hawaii has more species listed as threatened or endangered – 312 – than any other state in the nation. Most are plants, but 32 of the 44 animal species are birds. Since Europeans first arrived in Hawaii in 1779, 26 bird species have gone extinct.

hawaii's poor extinct birds & animals. they're like the hawaiian people. we welcome foreigners to our land & they're killing us off :(

Winky

Oh I get it, you overcame the property rights of Humans in favor of two birds?
I’m giving the kid from Kentucky the boot looking for a replacement.

Professur

kuulani said:
hawaii's poor extinct birds & animals. they're like the hawaiian people. we welcome foreigners to our land & they're killing us off :(

So that big smoking mountain has nothing to do with it?

Leslie

Communistrator
Staff member
just got an email from them :D
Great news! Audubon Society negotiators and the Co-op Board of a posh Manhattan building reached an agreement that will allow Pale Male and his mate Lola to rebuild their nest! Within days, a network of steel spikes that previously held Pale Male’s nest in place, and will hold his new nest in place, should return to the hawks' 12th-floor home, just in time for mating season.

Many thanks for your inspiring commitment to help Pale Male by signing our petition. Your signature, and that of thousands upon thousands of other concerned citizens will help ensure Pale Male is going home for the holidays! As this is not the only or last fight we’ll see on issues that impact bird like Pale Male across the nation, we hope we can count on you to participate in future efforts to protect America’s special birds, as your involvement is truly effective! Just as our fight to save Pale Male’s nest proves, your help makes a world of difference!

Gonz

molṑn labé
Staff member
While I am glad the critters get to keep their nest, who is going to be responsible should a dropped rodent cause serious injury to someone below the nesting site?