would you pay this bail?

Luis G

<i><b>Problemator</b></i>
Staff member
MX$4,726,723,080.77

That's the amount of money that Carlos Cabal Peniche has to pay to the mexican goverment, in no more than 3 days. :eek2:

fury

Administrator
Staff member
Gee, you think he's gonna be able to pay it without calling for tabs on all the crack he'll need to sell for that much money?

Luis G

Staff member
it is the biggest bail ever on Mexico's history.

he might be able to pay it thou, he's a banker, prosecuted for fraud.

Jeslek

Banned
I don't think you can write out checks for that kind of cash :D Imagine writing it out...

MX$4,726,723,080.77

4 billion, seven hundred twenty-sex million, seven hundred twenty-three thousand, eighty dollars and seventy-seven cents.

Jeslek

Banned
I don't write only, and I don't know anyone that does... If it is something like hundred dollars, I write "hundred dollars---------". :)

Luis G

Staff member
LastLegionary said:
I don't think you can write out checks for that kind of cash :D Imagine writing it out...

MX$4,726,723,080.77

4 billion, seven hundred twenty-sex million, seven hundred twenty-three thousand, eighty dollars and seventy-seven cents.

uhm, you got it right but "wrong", as far as i know english is the only language where "a thousang millions" is a "billion", a billion is defined as "a million millions".

that ammount would be.

four thousand seven hundred and twenty six millions, seven hundred twenty three thosand eighty PESOS and seventy seven cents :p

Jeslek

Banned
million = 1,000,000
billion = 1,000,000,000
trillion = 1,000,000,000,000
quadrillion = 1,000,000,000,000,000
etc.

Each increment is 10^3 times greater than the previous one. Works for me.