Wow!

tommyj27

Not really Banned
Here's one you all will probably like.
My Dad's cousin runs a garage in town, yesterday he had to go to small claims court to get some money out of some guy, he left work to drive 4mi. to the courthouse, he never showed up at the courthouse. in fact, no one had any idea where he went. he's a stable guy, totally honest, family man, and he dropped off the face of the Earth. His wife reported him missing yesterday. Apparently his cell provider picked up his phone in Albuquerque, NM this morning. I live in north of Minneapolis, MN, meaning at least his cell travelled 1300mi. in less than 24 hours. nothing was missing from his accounts so he didn't fly or anything. We just learned that he turned up in AZ. Apparently on his way to the courthouse he was carjacked at gunpoint and forced to drive all the way to AZ where they just let him go with his truck :eek:

Dave

change he to a she and it could be a Lifetime movie event.

everything ok with him?

Gonz

molṑn labé
Staff member
Glad he's okay. Now he has to drive back home. Is gas covered under an auto theft policy?

tommyj27

Not really Banned
i'm really glad he's okay, he's an awesome guy and i'm probably closer to him than i am to many of my less extended family. i suppose i'd have to call him lucky, he's alive, he's got one hell of a story to tell, and he's not freezing his f*cking ass off in MN.
As for gas, I sure hope it's covered. He's the guy that drove a tow truck with my Dad 1200mi. last summer to rescue my broke-ass car, my buds, and myself from Rapid City, SD after the head gasket went.:beerbang:

tommyj27

Not really Banned
i haven't heard anything more, i'm guessing he's taking his time coming back, i wouldn't want to run TWO 1300mi. non-stop burns back to back. realization he's gonna need an oil change just because of his carjacking. i'll let you know once i hear something, but i haven't seen my family for more than about 5 minutes in the last 3 days, stupid single awareness day and people ordering flowers :mad:

Q

single awareness??....what are they doing, ordering flowers for themselves??

tommyj27

Not really Banned
alright, here's the update I got from my Dad now that my computer is working agin

He left the shop about 09:30 to go to small claims court. This is
about a 5-10 minute drive, depending on the traffic lights. He got to
court, only to find out that they had moved his case to 09:00 and he had
already lost. He started back to the shop and was waiting at a light to
take a right in the busiest area of town. A guy jumped in the back
seat and put 9mm pistol to his head and told him to drive! He drove! All
the way to Las Vegas! Well, almost. The guy had a buddy pick him up about
30 miles from Vegas and left Mark in the back seat on the floor. When Mark
finally called on Tuesday night, he was fine except that he now has to drive
home. He is about halfway back now. On the way when they needed gas, Mark
would pump and the guy threatened to shoot others if Mark did anything. He
also told him that if they got stopped by any cop, he would kill the cop.
Mark dutifully didn't try anything and eventually got let go. They did stop
to sleep at one point, Mark got to sleep in the trunk. To finish the
adventure, as Mark was driving to find a motel to spend the night in before
starting back, he got pulled over by the police for a busted taillight. He
got a ticket for that and for not having his seatbelt on. This, after
showing the cop all the paperwork on the kidnapping and telling him the
whole story. And he was pretty happy that his car got over 20 miles to the
gallon on the trip down! Leave it to Mark.
apparently the guy was headed to las vegas to kill his girlfriend and then kill himself. cheery huh?

Q

God....he was really lucky, sounds like that guy could came unglued at any point. Do you know if they caught the guy?

Gonz

molṑn labé
Staff member
To finish the
adventure, as Mark was driving to find a motel to spend the night in before starting back, he got pulled over by the police for a busted taillight. He got a ticket for that and for not having his seatbelt on. This, after showing the cop all the paperwork on the kidnapping and telling him the whole story.
The police are your friends :rolleyes: