Wrong on so many fronts

SouthernN'Proud

Southern Discomfort
The parent of a Texas third-grader has yanked her child from the annual Christmas pageant because a satirical carol the kids plan to sing mentions the Confederate flag, reports KTRK in Houston.

Jennifer Scott says the song, "Leroy, the Redneck Reindeer," is racist and needs to be removed from the program at the Onalaska Elementary School altogether. “Rebel flag to me means Confederate flag,” she said. “Confederate flag is the flag the KKK recognizes as being their flag."

Scott has convinced her eight-year-old son, Andrew, of the righteousness of her cause, too. The school clearly included the song, he says, “Cause they just don't like blacks."

A portion of the lyrics say, "Santa wrapped his bag with a Dixie flag, he was having the time of his life."

from www.tonguetied.us

**end**

First off, the KKK does not consider the Confederate Battle flag to be its flag...they consider the United States flag as their flag, and will vehemently tell you so.

Secondly, Rebel flag, Confederate flag, Dixie flag, and Confederate battle flag are not one and the same. The flag in my avatar is the Confederate battle flag; it was never the official flag of the Confederate States of America. I have no idea what a Dixie flag is, nor a Rebel flag. Must be slang of some sort.

Lady, get your fact straight BEFORE you become indignant. You can save yourself some public shame.

Lastly, sweetheart, it's called humor. Some folks have a sense of it; you obviously do not. Too bad. Just because you are too damn stupid to 1) know what the hell you're talking about in the first place, and 2) discern between satire and reality, is no reason for the rest of the world to stop spinning on its axis. Swallow you a big ol' cup of get over it, learn your history, get your facts straight, get off the "I'm offended" bandwagon, grow the hell up, and quit rurinin' my life.

SouthernN'Proud

Southern Discomfort
Here is a link to a site which displays the KKK info I referenced above. Check it out, then tell me if this woman knows what she is talking about or not.

The KKK and their flag

The KKK is in no way associated with anything except hatred, bigotry, violence, and intolerence. The fact that many people have linked this group in their minds with those of us who are proud Southerners, who honor our ancestors for their stance in the 1860s agains unfair taxation, unjustified government, unrealistic representation, and plain and simple being invaded is sad and unfortunate. I will state once and for all that anyone who claims to be a Southerner and also believes in the KKK's nonsense should be publicly beaten. They are less than human. I equate them with terrorists, as that is precisely what they are. In comparison, there are those of us who have gone in search of an unedited version of historical events, and have found it, and are appalled at what we found. Please do not link us with a bunch of hood wearing cowards.

*seething*

freako104

SouthernN'Proud said:
The parent of a Texas third-grader has yanked her child from the annual Christmas pageant because a satirical carol the kids plan to sing mentions the Confederate flag, reports KTRK in Houston.

Jennifer Scott says the song, "Leroy, the Redneck Reindeer," is racist and needs to be removed from the program at the Onalaska Elementary School altogether. “Rebel flag to me means Confederate flag,” she said. “Confederate flag is the flag the KKK recognizes as being their flag."

Scott has convinced her eight-year-old son, Andrew, of the righteousness of her cause, too. The school clearly included the song, he says, “Cause they just don't like blacks."

A portion of the lyrics say, "Santa wrapped his bag with a Dixie flag, he was having the time of his life."

from www.tonguetied.us

**end**

First off, the KKK does not consider the Confederate Battle flag to be its flag...they consider the United States flag as their flag, and will vehemently tell you so.

Secondly, Rebel flag, Confederate flag, Dixie flag, and Confederate battle flag are not one and the same. The flag in my avatar is the Confederate battle flag; it was never the official flag of the Confederate States of America. I have no idea what a Dixie flag is, nor a Rebel flag. Must be slang of some sort.

Lady, get your fact straight BEFORE you become indignant. You can save yourself some public shame.

Lastly, sweetheart, it's called humor. Some folks have a sense of it; you obviously do not. Too bad. Just because you are too damn stupid to 1) know what the hell you're talking about in the first place, and 2) discern between satire and reality, is no reason for the rest of the world to stop spinning on its axis. Swallow you a big ol' cup of get over it, learn your history, get your facts straight, get off the "I'm offended" bandwagon, grow the hell up, and quit rurinin' my life.

the problem with the rebel flag is that it is affiliated with racism. Even though many (if not most) who fly it are not racist but here in the south and believe it to be their heritage. oh and she might take offense to the swallow too ;)

SouthernN'Proud

Southern Discomfort
freako104 said:
the problem with the rebel flag is that it is affiliated with racism. Even though many (if not most) who fly it are not racist but here in the south and believe it to be their heritage. oh and she might take offense to the swallow too ;)

And that is the entire reason I try and do what I do as far as presenting accurate information that debunks the myth.

I do not deny that a certain number of racist boneheads utilize the flag for their own misguided purposes. Just as a certain number of them quote Bible verses as justification for their attitudes/deeds. It's still wrong, no matter what they use or misuse. The only way to know the truth is to research it, which I am doing on an ongoing basis. Nearly every day, I learn something on the topic. Most but surely not all of this information leads to the conclusion that history texts et al are not accurate...not even close.