WTF

Gonz

molṑn labé
Staff member
A lawsuit waiting to happen? Instead of taking pics, why not jump up & down & point & scream...let the good guys know where the fucking terrorists are!!!

ResearchMonkey

I say place some GPS inside a few of those guys and let them go. See if you hit the *blip* on the screen 48 hours later.

freako104

Leslie said:
Giving up a freedom cause of fear?

that's some rocky road dude.

its what the Patriot Act is about. But Ben Franklin had a saying that I wish was alive today

Those that can give up essential liberties for a little security deserve neither liberty nor security

Gonz

molṑn labé
Staff member
Leslie said:
Giving up a freedom cause of fear?

that's some rocky road dude.

Huh? The photographer is most free to shoot terrorists attacking our troops. We're most free to kill the photographer in the attack. I just don't want to hear how we're the bad guy for killing the photographer & see the photographers name on a list of civilian causalities. The photographers names should be on the list of enemy KIA.

This is not freedom. This is war.

Leslie

Communistrator
Staff member
so...you just feel that there should be no war journalists whatsoever? cause that's what'd happen. :shrug:

Gonz

molṑn labé
Staff member
Leslie said:
so...you just feel that there should be no war journalists whatsoever? cause that's what'd happen. :shrug:

Actually yes. They can cover the aftermath just like they do every other tragedy. I'm dimayed you don't see anything wrong with "live" shots of the enemy attacking us.

Leslie

Communistrator
Staff member
Did I say I don't? Here, and abroad, I've been thoroughly disgusted by journalists keeping back and/or abusing information. (Paul Bernardo)
I absolutely do detest the entire situation. But on the other hand, I also value the work done by good journalists. Without that, what would we be left with? Government spin? That'd be lurvely.

Gonz

molṑn labé
Staff member
No, you never said that but your selection of posts implied that possibility.

Leslie

Communistrator
Staff member
I'd rather "give up and be resigned to" on a few small (in the grand scheme of things) incidents than give up journalism.

Gato_Solo

Out-freaking-standing OTC member
Sorry, Gonz, but you're wrong on this one. As long as we have freedom of the press, we're going to have to take both the good ( :lol: ) and the bad press. That journalist, whomever he/she is, is doing his/her job. Like it, or not, it's a neccesary evil. Something to keep both sides honest.

Gonz

molṑn labé
Staff member
I'll accept that as long as our military doesn't have to concern itself with "watching out" for journalists.

I have a problem with journalists who hold secret meetings with the enemy, talk to the head cheese & don't immediately go to the commander of the region & disclose the location of that meeting, hopefully saving a lot of time & effort in locating that stinky cheese dude.

Leslie

Communistrator
Staff member
I don't think that the military should be concerned with watching out for them. That is what danger pay is for. Further, I think that this new trend of embedding is likely dangerous to the troops and should be stopped immediately. The really cool pictures are nifty *insert great big but*.

freako104

Sorry, Gonz, but you're wrong on this one

And almost everything else too ;)

Les I think they do have to watch out for them as they are still civlians out there. Gato: Dont you think the freedom should be to say whats going on but not give out military locations and plans?

Gato_Solo

Out-freaking-standing OTC member
freako104 said:
Les I think they do have to watch out for them as they are still civlians out there. Gato: Dont you think the freedom should be to say whats going on but not give out military locations and plans?

Most reporters know better. The ones that don't are kept in a 'pool'. ;)