WTF?

Gonz

molṑn labé
Staff member
TENS of thousands of white families are pouring out of UK cities as immigrants move in, a controversial new report claims.

What makes it controversial?

Sun..what a rag

ClaireBear

Banned
Gonz said:
What makes it controversial?

Sun..what a rag

The fact that its suggesting that the majority of white Brits are so racist and/or xenophobic they can't stand to live with foreign immigrants...

And/or

The fact that Britain is allowing thousand of asylum seekers into their cities...

But yes.. the Sun is a sensationalist rag.. with the reading age of an average 7 year old.

Lopan

"White flight" isn't some xenophobic reaction to immigrants, it's what naturally happens.

Young professionals of which the majority are white will always leave city centres to settle down with partners.

It goes like this:

Leave home go to uni
Get job in city and place in city
Find partner
Move to suburb to start family

Immigrants tend to live in city centres as it is where the lion share of jobs are. Immigrant communities then spring up. After a while they also move to the 'burbs once established.

Most newspaper reports are London centric anyway, so they only tend to fit patterns in London and aren't relevant to the rest of the country.

unclehobart

If the majority of the population is already white, why would it be sensational that the majority moving out is also white?

If it were the other way around and a majority moving out were non-whites, there would be screams of exclusion, racism, redlining, blabla.

Gato_Solo

Out-freaking-standing OTC member
:rolleyes: This, again?

1. Depends upon why they move...and how much they charge for their house (selling short).

2. The rich have always distanced themselves from the non-rich. Why should the middle-class be any different?

chcr

Too cute for words
Gato_Solo said:
:rolleyes: This, again?

1. Depends upon why they move...and how much they charge for their house (selling short).

2. The rich have always distanced themselves from the non-rich. Why should the middle-class be any different?

Especially number two.

Gonz

molṑn labé
Staff member
I still wanna know what is controversial...it's not like it's unusual or anything. Was the study done by Australian Italian Pygmies with baggy trousers?

Professur

ClaireBear said:
The fact that its suggesting that the majority of white Brits are so racist and/or xenophobic they can't stand to live with foreign immigrants...

And/or

The fact that Britain is allowing thousand of asylum seekers into their cities...

But yes.. the Sun is a sensationalist rag.. with the reading age of an average 7 year old.

Let's not forget that the page 3 girl pumps the average age up to 12 for boys.

Lopan

Professur said:
Let's not forget that the page 3 girl pumps the average age up to 12 for boys.

I went on a business trip to Goa a couple of years ago and there were some tabloid journalists there.

There was one guy who was a reporter for the Sun and I can safely say he was one of the biggest tossers I have ever come across. He only talked about tabloid journalism. We very nearly traded punches after I called The Sun a load of crap.