WTF???

Gato_Solo

Out-freaking-standing OTC member
If this happened in the US, I don't know what emotions I would have. That it happened in the UK I am shocked and saddened...especially since said hotel is owned by a US company...

A hotel that refused a wounded soldier a room, forcing him to spend the night in his car, was backed into a “grovelling” apology yesterday after receiving a barrage of abusive phone calls.

Metro Hotel, in Woking, Surrey, had to call in the police as their lines were flooded with angry, abusive and threatening calls from members of the public.

The attack on the switchboards came after it emerged that Corporal Tomos Stringer, 24, had been told by hotel staff that it was company policy not to accept members of the Armed Forces as guests.

Gonz

molṑn labé
Staff member
I think the hotel has the right to refuse service to anyone they chose. I also think it should be posted on billboards right above the hotel.

Cerise

She added: “In America, they treat soldiers as heroes. We went to Disney World with Tomos and the whole family was moved to the front of the lines. Everybody was standing up and clapping and cheering......”

;)

Gonz

molṑn labé
Staff member
Depends on whether one is interested in climbing the ladder. Some folks like middle management & some want the top spot.

tonksy

Yeah...but I thought that they would require folks to stay in school until 18. I know their educational system is vastly different, what with the O levels and whatever, but I didn't realize that you could essentially drop out of school to join the military.