WWJD?

Leslie

Communistrator
Staff member
I have ink all over my beloved dryer! WhatmIgonnado?!
I feel like :banghead: and :eek5: and :crying3:, and of course :(

The advicey sites I found are saying nail polish remover + Mr. Clean Eraser or rubbing alcohol + Mr. Clean Eraser,

but that's flammable so I'm a little leery.

Any better and less explosive ideas?

On another note, rubbing alcohol takes ink out of clothes fantastically! A+++++

Also, please feel free to laugh at the dumbass who has boys yet didn't check their pockets when she washed all of their very nicest clothes in one wash.

Sharky

Nail polish remover is acetone + oils (to prevent drying out your skin). Straight acetone might work better. Acetone is a very light solvent that will not dissolve paint, but will remove ink. It's somewhat less flammable than rubbing alcohol.

Here in the printing plant they use 91% isopropyl alcohol to clean the presses - it dissolves ink like nothing else. It's available in the drugstore.

Leslie

Communistrator
Staff member
Oooooooh! Awesome! I'll try that.

And try and not die with my head in the fumy dryer :lloyd:

unclehobart

I hear it helps if you heat up the drum a little before starting to get into the elbow grease protion of the task.

highwayman

Leslie said:
Any better and less explosive ideas?

Not a problem there, either leave the dryer door open to allow for evaporation or operate the dryer without any heat until the smell is gone, either way as long as there is no open flame close by you should be ok...

Leslie

Communistrator
Staff member
I take it someone washed a pen?
Yeah, I did. :(

Sent the kids' nice clothes with them to their dad's, and when they came home I dumped the suitcase straight into the washer, only thinking to feel to make sure there were no Gameboys in the pockets. Doh.

unclehobart said:
I hear it helps if you heat up the drum a little before starting to get into the elbow grease protion of the task.
Ooh. Gonna try that too!! Thanks!

Nixy

Elimi-nistrator
Staff member
WWJD? Jesus would check the pockets before washing the clothes :D

hehehe, I just kid. I once washed AND dryed gum. I had to clean the dryer drum with wet bounce sheets...and continually heat up the drum by running the dryer for a few min cause it was IMPOSSIBLE to get the gum off cold.

Gato_Solo

Out-freaking-standing OTC member
I had a cat that got dried in the dryer. She snuck in to sleep and my grandmother ran in to my apartment, shut the dryer door, and turned the dryer on to "fluff" my clothes. THAT was a mess. Ended up getting a new dryer.

What about a new cat to go with it? :hmm: