xmas food?

BeardofPants

Anyone doing anything special?

I made these:

cookies.jpg

Recipe

chcr

Too cute for words
I quit baking cookies when I found out I was diabetic (I was really good at it too) but I still make the occasional PIE.

Apple, punkin (that's "pumpkin" for those of you who "ain't from 'round here") and mincemeat this year.

Edit: Mmmm..., pie.

paul_valaru

100% Pure Canadian Beef
Leslie made these again

Pecan Balls

1 cup butter
1/2 cup icing sugar
2 tsp vanilla (I generally leave that out, they're nice without)
2 cups chopped pecans
2 cups flour
1/2 tsp salt

Soften butter, cream in sugar and vanilla and beat till fluffy. Sift together flour and salt and add gradually to wet ingredients. Beat till blended, form into 1-2 inch balls. Bake on ungreased cookie sheet at 325' for 25 minutes. While still warm, roll in icing sugar and let cool. Roll in icing sugar again when cool if desired.

(stolen from the xmas cookie thread)

H2O boy

turkey, ham, about a dozen side dishes, rolls, 4 pies, a cake, and assorted candies

so far

feeding 8 people though

JTP

Mmmm- tasty-looking cookies!
I made some venison sausage and hoop cheese biscuits this morning, with cheese grits, scrambled eggs&smoked oysters on the side.
Ginnie says she's gonna bake up something special this afternoon, involving blueberries, if I can keep my mitts off of her long enough!
Happy holidaze to you all!

JTP

Mmmm- what Gonz (and Homer) said-
Real Deal Key lime pie would be great, but it looks like blueberry pie is what's up for today- and no complaints from my end! Love them blueberries!

Sharky

We are gonna try the new recipe from the BBQ Pit Boys: Whiskey Glazed Smoked Ham.

Well, we will have to try that some other time. A friend went fishing on Wednesday and came up to the house Wednesday night with a cooler full of grouper steaks and cheeks. So we had grilled grouper instead of ham. With cheese grits, fries, baked beans and hushpuppies. It was plumb bodacious. :licklips: