Yardwork

Do you do your own yard work?

• Yes, I do it all myself and I have the blisters to prove it.

Votes: 9 45.0%
  • It's a family chore around here - share and share alike.

Votes: 7 35.0%
  • Yard work? That's what spouses and kids are for!

Votes: 1 5.0%
  • Hey numbnuts...I live in an apartment. No I don't do yardwork!

Votes: 2 10.0%
  • I hire a high school dropout to do it for me. It's one of the perks of being rich.

Votes: 1 5.0%

• Total voters

HomeLAN

Yardwork's out due to the allergies, but I do most of the cooking, bring home the income, do my share of the laundry, most of the kitchen cleaning, simple auto maintenance, pool maintenance, etc.

If I had to stay home with the boy all day every day, however, I'd quickly lose what's left of my mind.

Winky

SouthernN'Proud said:
You're just a regular barrel of fun, ain't ya? What's your name anyway, Ward Cleaver? :D

Wait!!!
Isn't our sole purpose as males (husbands fathers employer breadwinner heroes et al) to toil in the service of others
only to die a premature stress related death or preferably a fatal accident in pursuit of some lofty success related goal?

Is not our only validation through selfless slavery in the service of others that our true self worth is to be found? Our very substantiation as human beings?

An endless striving for fame wealth and glory?

Mebbe I need to enroll in the "Paul Valaru school of personal gratification"?

And let them weeds grow waist high in the yard.

Inkara1

Winky said:
"Yes, I do it all myself and I have the blisters to prove it."

Well it certainly doesn’t raise any blisters.

I also do all the house work, the majority of the grocery shopping, car maintenance and upkeep, wash my own clothes, (I refuse to wash hers or the kid's) do my own cooking, the budget and bills, major financial decisions, generate the majority of the income yada yada yada...

Tell me again what that Wife is for?
To give your hand a rest after all that yard work?

catocom

Yep do most all of it ma-self., I don't have blisters though.
I know what gloves are for. :D (I do have a few small calluses though)
I pay the kids a little to help pick up trash and stuff.(usually what they threw down) :alienhuh:
It's not as bad without the dog around anymore though.
Weedeating around the lake usually goes largely undone.
I just can't hold out, and can't/won't afford to hire outside help on it.

SouthernN'Proud

Southern Discomfort
Winky said:
Isn't our sole purpose as males (husbands fathers employer breadwinner heroes et al) to toil in the service of others
only to die a premature stress related death or preferably a fatal accident in pursuit of some lofty success related goal?

Is not our only validation through selfless slavery in the service of others that our true self worth is to be found? Our very substantiation as human beings?

An endless striving for fame wealth and glory?

OMG, it's worse than I thought.

You're pussywhipped too aincha? :devious: