:yawn:

Gonz

molṑn labé
Staff member
NEW YORK (AP) - With no miracle save in sight and a weekend deadline long gone, the NHL made plans for a news conference Tuesday to cancel what little remained of a season already decimated by a lockout.

A public relations executive, speaking on condition of anonymity, told The Associated Press that planning was under way Monday for NHL commissioner Gary Bettman to make the announcement at a news conference in New York.

The Canadian Press, citing an unidentified source, said Bettman will cancel the season at the news conference.

The NHL would become the first major professional league in North America to cancel an entire season because of a labor dispute. This would mark the first time the Stanley Cup was not awarded since a flu epidemic canceled the finals in 1919.

Dave

now i dont have any sports to watch till baseball starts. spring training starts soon..

Winky

Well the Daytona 500 is this weekend.
Gee I wonder how fast they could go if they
let em' run without those restrictor plates?

abooja

SouthernN'Proud said:
Do NOT get me started. I can preach for days.

For my first witness, I call abooja to the stand... :D
:grinyes:

I might be losing my taste for NASCAR. I found the Shootout utterly boring. Of course, that didn't have anything whatsoever to do with Junior's car troubles. :disgust:

rrfield

Well I am a little sad about this, but with the lockout and the addition of the digital cable sports package I've been able to follow college hockey. BC looks tough out east, but the power seems to be concentrated in the WCHA. Denver, Colorado College and Wisconsin look tough. Minnesota has its moments but has been on a slide recently...they went 0-1-1 against Alaska-Anchorage this weekend, what the hell! (this was after splitting with Wisconsin..in the Kohl Center...the weekend before).

Gonz

molṑn labé
Staff member
I left a city that had the Raiders, the Dodgers, the Lakers & the other team, the Kings with Gretzky & the Angels.

I live in a city that has a UHL team (a decent one from what I hear) & a single A team.

I no longer follow sports, with any regularity.

Winky

Having a problem with regularity are we? Try

37886.jpg

Gonz

molṑn labé
Staff member
Nuh-ugh. I'm a native, remember? For irregualrity, try a little Cholla
cholla-cactus.jpg

A Walk thru there & life takes an interesting turn.

Winky

Oh God I have a mental disorder regarding that particular desert plant.
I wiped out on my dirt bike as a teenager into one of those.
Them nasty spines are the devils spawn! *shiver*

Gonz

molṑn labé
Staff member
The FW Fury folded several years ago...along with their league.

IPFW Mastedons? They do anything?