Yeah, my board's farked

fury

Administrator
Staff member
So, I'm building my dad's new puter, and after several reboots, the thing just stops posting at all... I take everything but the CPU out and nothing, not even a beep (just a 'click' from the speaker). I swap in another CPU and nothing. I swap PSU's and nothing. So the board's dead. I swap out the parts on my board for the parts I ordered for his, and everything works on my machine as it did before (except, of course, for the incredibly faster video... Radeon 8500 AIW > Geforce 2 GTS :D). Including the random posting corruption in vB3, the sudden disconnects from SSH terminals, HTTP errors due to a corrupted request header (in both IE and mozilla), strange behavior in Ski Stunt Simulator (occasionally the game will jump into very fast speed, but I'll go into the options and it'll still be set to normal... and when I leave the skier idle for a few seconds, the game crashes with a window titled "RAID Debug" saying "Access violation at 0xsomethingorother".

Furthermore, when I was doing OC testing on dad's motherboard (when I first plugged it in... as soon as I started doing any work on it I clocked it down to 1.1ghz) the CPU went all the way up to 183 FSB at default voltage, whatever that is (I think 1.5 on DLT3C's, right?)... and on mine it doesn't go past 147, at 1.85v.

My board's farked. :mope:

Your dads board is an Nforce 2 innit? your PCI and AGP must be holdin you back as i assume you're runnin a VIA right? remember the Nforce 2 has locked AGP and PCI.

fury

Administrator
Staff member
Justintime said:
Your dads board is an Nforce 2 innit? your PCI and AGP must be holdin you back as i assume you're runnin a VIA right? remember the Nforce 2 has locked AGP and PCI.
KT333, yeah...