Yeah...

Gonz

molṑn labé
Staff member
This is a more permanent solution
colt.jpg

Liliandra

Both could be a problem... A woman with a gun that doesn't know how to use it will just end up having it pointed at her. On the other hand, guys are going to learn to look for this kinda thing and it's just gonna piss em off.

BeardofPants

Be really good if the woman could just wear this as an internal condom, and that she could just roll it out with the threat of rape, but I guess that could be abused.

Professur

But the "rapex" has raised fears amongst anti-rape activists that it could escalate violence against women.

"If a victim is wearing such a device it may enrage the attacker further and possibly result in more harm being caused," said Sam Waterhouse, advocacy co-ordinator for Rape Crisis.

Other critics say the condom is mediaeval and barbaric -- an accusation Ehlers says should be directed rather at the act of rape.

"This is not about vengeance ... but the deed, that is what I hate," she said

I'm thinking that if a rapist withdraws with one of these stapled to his dick, she's not gonna be running away at all.

Ehlers said the "rapex" hooks onto the rapist's skin, allowing the victim time to escape and helping to identify perpetrators.

"He will obviously be too pre-occupied at this stage," she told reporters in Kleinmond, a small holiday village about 100km (60 miles) east of Cape Town. "I promise you he is going to be too sore. He will go straight to hospital."

She obviously knows precious little about rapists. Not to mention that single men acts in Africa are the exception, not the norm. It's usually a gang. This is just gonna get women killed.