YEEEEEE HAAAAWW!!! Snow Driving!!

MrBishop

<insert General Lee's Horn sound here>

Damn, but I love snow driving!
20cms of snow down and another 20 on the way..with winds going 60kph, we have us some prime driving conditions here!

*Translation 8" down, 8" to go and 30mph winds*

Every damn school and daycare closed, parents going nuts trying to make arrangments for the kidlets, a plethora of stupid drivers on the road (half of them in ditches; the stupid ones that is)...and I have myself a shit-eating grin as I dash through the snow! :D

Winter's here!!! Yeah!

Later...
shoveling.gif

Gonz

molṑn labé
Staff member
The next sound you hear will be Bish colliding with that big oak tree after hitting that patch of ice ;)

MrBishop

Ice, shmice...it's buried under inches of the white stuff. I love it 'cause I know what I'm doing. Not too fast and not too slow and enough weight to the minivan to help plow through cross-plowed streets.

I just love driving by the teeners who bottomed out their Civics with the neon underbody. :) Put on a Christmas music station and awaaaaay we go! :)

Djcake

damm you sound like my uncle who runs out after the first big snow fall to go do donughts in the parking lots

MrBishop

Djcake said:
damm you sound like my uncle who runs out after the first big snow fall to go do donughts in the parking lots
It's tough in a front-wheel drive minivan...but it's possible.
That's all I'm saying :)

MrBishop

Did I mention that I live across the street from a High School? ;) One with a HUGE parking lot :D

Reverse, eh?
*Makes mental note*

Dave

careful with the throttle though. with FWD going in reverse all the weights in the front, which is the outer part of the arc. with RWD the weight is in the center, at the pivot point. doesnt take much to whip it into a spin.

Nixy

Elimi-nistrator
Staff member
Djcake said:

Anybody with any sense about them stays OFF the roads after the first big snow...so many people who have never seen snow and refuse to listen to those with experience...add that to the idiots who seem to forget how to drive in snow from one winter to the next...nope, I never drive in the first snow of the year.

Uki Chick

This is hell. I went out to clean the snow, did mine and the neighbours, thank goodness for a snow blower. it's so high and the plows passed by leaving us with hip high snow about 4 foot wide. Have fun getting through that. this is a pic outside my front door.

A.B.Normal

Uki Chick said:
This is hell. I went out to clean the snow, did mine and the neighbours, thank goodness for a snow blower. it's so high and the plows passed by leaving us with hip high snow about 4 foot wide. Have fun getting through that. this is a pic outside my front door.

:rofl4::rofl4::rofl4::rofl4::rofl4:

Whoops,was that out loud?

TexasRaceLady

Y'all just keep that white stuff up yonder. I don't need any of that down here. I have sense enough to stay home and leave hitting the ditches/trees/other cars, etc., to the idiots. Texans don't have any idea how to handle a vehicle in ice or snow. Hell, most have trouble in the rain.

Y'all have fun, now, you hear? ROTFL

Nixy

Elimi-nistrator
Staff member
TexasRaceLady said:
Y'all just keep that white stuff up yonder. I don't need any of that down here. I have sense enough to stay home and leave hitting the ditches/trees/other cars, etc., to the idiots. Texans don't have any idea how to handle a vehicle in ice or snow. Hell, most have trouble in the rain.

I actually prefer to drive in snow over rain...like, if I was on the road all by myself...it's the other idiots on the road that make me not like snow...so, rain isn't necessarily better than snow...

majestyx

TexasRaceLady said:

And, I second that!

Winky

I'll concern myself with neither
just day after day of sunshine
thank you very much
sunglasses and sunblock
and we are good to go

greenfreak

I'm waiting for the first big snowfall to take Rusty out for his first snow driving experience. Actually, he had a semi-snow driving experience last week when I called in sick to work. But in the week he was using the car and I wasn't, he got a flat tire and there's a brand new scratch (gouge) in the paint on the passenger side door. :(

chcr

Too cute for words
My question has always been: How far past the intersection does ettiquette say that you should no longer be sideways? I believe that in my youth I committed the occasional faux pas in theis area.

Djcake

Nixy said:
Anybody with any sense about them stays OFF the roads after the first big snow...so many people who have never seen snow and refuse to listen to those with experience...add that to the idiots who seem to forget how to drive in snow from one winter to the next...nope, I never drive in the first snow of the year.
he knows what he is doing.. prob. one of the best drivers i have ever seen.
It wouldn't be the 1st time he has used the emergency brake to make turns and do them perfectly without loosing it once.
He always wanted to be a rally racer

Djcake

MrBishop said:
It's tough in a front-wheel drive minivan...but it's possible.
That's all I'm saying :)
my uncle does it all the time with has z24 (reverse ;) )
of course some emergency break tricks aswell :D

Nixy

Elimi-nistrator
Staff member
Djcake said:
he knows what he is doing.. prob. one of the best drivers i have ever seen.
It wouldn't be the 1st time he has used the emergency brake to make turns and do them perfectly without loosing it once.
He always wanted to be a rally racer

He isn't the issue, it's every other driver he has to share the road with to get to the empty parking lot that concerns me. I don't stay off the roads during the first snow for fear of ME causing a crash, it's everyone else. I've almost landed a minivan in a rather large snow drift due to black ice in the past but I proved to myself (and my mother when I told her the story) that I am a capable driver (I know everyone makes mistakes sometimes but I also know I have the ability to handle a tough situation and that drastically lowers the chance of an accident occuring)...if I paniced I woulda been in a snowbank with a wrecked van...it's the people who DO panic that worry me on the roads.