Yellow to Orange

Squiggy

ThunderDick
You'll have to forgive me ...but I don't believe much of what comes out of Washington regardless of who says it...:D

Gonz

molṑn labé
Staff member
I can fully understand & even agree with that but believing the French???

The problem with this whole thing is, you can't prove a negative. Had we done nothing & an attack happened "what did Bush know..." & since none happened we were successful in stopping said attack? Of course we were, none happened.

Rose

It seems France is touting their 'exemplory' cooperation with the "French-American fight against terrorism".

So, basically the French do absolutely nothing until it benefits them then they brag about it. In the meantime, they bitch about everything else until they again find something suitable specifically for them. Is that how it works?

Rose

*lol* I dun't mean it too personally, Squiggy. ;) BTW, are you from France or French-descended American?

Rose

:lol: Joe doesn't sound so french to me, but ... I'm not good with regional names. *hehe*

But seriously, though, France in general, and definately their government, seem to be ... um ... assholes. I know our government has its share of assholes, too, and we have plenty of wishy-washy leaders.

But to bitch about damn near everything the US does or says, then to congratulate themselves for working cooperativly in the fight against terror ... I don't know. It grates me wrong.

Squiggy

ThunderDick
Its all political positioning and we do it more than any...Hell, it was Rumsfeld himself who went to meet Saddam in '83 and tell him it was ok with the US that he gassed his people as long as he was willing to let us help him fight Iran...:retard: Suddenly, 20 years later, its the reason he gives for why we should hate Saddam...andon, and on, and on...:shrug:

BTW....Joe is my middle name. ;)

Rose

well, and i realize politics has a lot to do with it and that our own government has its share of problems. I guess France just rubs me wrong.

But, I don't mean to veer off topic.

I am with Gonz in that "The problem with this whole thing is, you can't prove a negative. Had we done nothing & an attack happened "what did Bush know..." & since none happened we were successful in stopping said attack? Of course we were, none happened."

Squiggy

ThunderDick
I'm not going against Gonz on this one. I just posted that because it waspertainent to the thread. Its an AP article, btw. not a french article. I'd rather they cancelled the flights too. But I wish I could have more conviction in that. I have to wonder if the good old US wasn't just trying to poke a beehive to irritate the french....:D