yep, i'll be subsidizing health care

2minkey

bootlicker
this is great. i won't get shit, and that itself is fine, but families making up to $88k will be sucking my wallet.

"New health insurance subsidies would be provided to families of four making up to $88,000 annually, or 400 percent of the federal poverty level. Compared with the Senate bill, Obama's proposal lowers premiums for families making between $44,000 and $66,000, according to the White House. Compared with the House legislation, it lowers premiums for families making between $55,000 and $88,000."

Gonz

molṑn labé
Staff member
C'mon, it's for the common good.

Drudge said:
PROPOSAL SUMMARY USES WORD 'TAX' 35 TIMES...
'Increase in Fees on Brand Name Pharmaceuticals'...
Broaden 'Tax Base for High-Income Taxpayers'...
Orders 'Comprehensive Database' On Health Claims...
FORCED: 'Raises percent of income assessment that individuals pay if they choose not to become insured'...
BACKDOOR FIX: Healthcare 'Funds will be transferred to the Social Security Trust' if necessary...

I love that last line....

ResearchMonkey

this is great. i won't get shit, and that itself is fine, but families making up to $88k will be sucking my wallet.

"New health insurance subsidies would be provided to families of four making up to $88,000 annually, or 400 percent of the federal poverty level. Compared with the Senate bill, Obama's proposal lowers premiums for families making between $44,000 and $66,000, according to the White House. Compared with the House legislation, it lowers premiums for families making between $55,000 and $88,000."

I don't think it goes far enough. You should limited to $88,000 household income (including roomates or otherwise). The rest should go to people who are not fortunate enough to pay to taxes.

2minkey

bootlicker
nah, it would be way worse the other way. mccain's ticker woulda blown out because of the pressure of having to do something rather than just being a grumpystick, and palin would have taken over... resulting in a ten-fold increase in teen pregnancy and a proportionate decrease in the literacy rate.

Winky

Wow before it was all said and done someone
in your income bracket would be netting the same as
those potato peelers at Wal-Mart?
Nah under that plan there would be no one left
in your bracket. We’ll all be peelers.

catocom

my medicaid deductible is up to ~$150/yr now.
I make 4 doc visits a year (@$90/ea), and only had to have some heart tests done once in the last 10 years.
I wonders if I could get private insurance for that?....
(If I weren't on ss)

Winky

We will all be subsidizing Govt. health care

I wonder if you'd die if the govt. benni's were cut off?

catocom

good question.
it's possible since to churches have been going away for a while.

You'd have to pay the orphanages more then.

catocom

if it makes ya feel any better though wink...
I am fiscally responsible, and have declined all the other help I'm eligible for.
I make due just in the ss.
I do also still pay a couple of grand a year in property tax, and still pay consumption taxes.

Winky

gimme MY free shit!

oh hell no, grab every penny you can
you have a right to my as of yet
unborn grandchildren's paychecks!

Besides once we go bankrupt
it will get shut off anyway?

catocom

hey, if the gov. hadn't stole the money I paid, you wouldn't have to be paying for ir.
Talk to them.

I'm just drawing what I put in.

SS ain't broke....They stole the money.