yes, I am a snob ...

nalani

Many of you know I am a snob about some things .. coffee (only Kona coffee will do) ... beer (no generics, no cans) ... and I am a snob about what I put in my hair.

Over the last couple of months, in an attempt to save money, I decided to switch to shampoo, conditioner and other hair care products that I could buy at Walmart. Well, this past weekend, I couldn't take it anymore. I snapped. I went to the salon and got my regular products, as my boyfriend stood around and laughed at me. Well, needless to say, when he and I were laying in bed and watching tv, he ran his fingers through my tresses and said, "honey, it really does make a difference" ...

So to everyone who says 'shampoo is shampoo', on behalf of the hair-care snobs of the world, :p

hehehehehehehe

Liliandra

Certainly not a snob thing with me... most of the time my hair is up in a pony tail, but with Wallyworld products it's just nasty and there's no way anyone is going to touch the hair never mind anything else....

Mare

The sun and water here in florida make your hair like straw....the ONLY conditioner i can use is Herbal Essence.....it matters to me or i cannot even get a comb/brush threw it!

Gato_Solo

Out-freaking-standing OTC member
nalani said:
Many of you know I am a snob about some things .. coffee (only Kona coffee will do) ... beer (no generics, no cans) ... and I am a snob about what I put in my hair.

Factoid...Kona coffee has only half the caffein of coffee from Colombia, Panama, Costa Rica, or Ethiopia.

nalani the cute said:
Over the last couple of months, in an attempt to save money, I decided to switch to shampoo, conditioner and other hair care products that I could buy at Walmart. Well, this past weekend, I couldn't take it anymore. I snapped. I went to the salon and got my regular products, as my boyfriend stood around and laughed at me. Well, needless to say, when he and I were laying in bed and watching tv, he ran his fingers through my tresses and said, "honey, it really does make a difference" ...

So to everyone who says 'shampoo is shampoo', on behalf of the hair-care snobs of the world, :p

hehehehehehehe

kuulani

:lol2: greenie! i knew it too!!

i didn't *lol* at the computer like that in a long time.
now i remember what i miss about this place!!

nalani

kuulani said:
:lol2: greenie! i knew it too!!

i didn't *lol* at the computer like that in a long time.
now i remember what i miss about this place!!

I know what you mean LOL .. i just *lol'd* again reading it LMAO

greenfreak

Just goes to show that the most memorable of threads start out with the most innocent of topics. :D

"I lost my conditioner..."

"I can't sleep..."

"Luis, I like your new avatar..." :eek:

kuulani

greenfreak said:
Just goes to show that the most memorable of threads start out with the most innocent of topics. :D

"Luis, I like your new avatar..." :eek:

:lol2:
*sidepain from laughing too hard*

oswalt.jpg

greenfreak

You know, I'm kinda glad that that whole thing happened. One good thing came out of it. Many of us got a history lesson we were not privy to before. That thread gave me a greater appreciation for Ku'u and Na individually and Hawai'ians as a whole.

So, thanks Luis. :D

greenfreak

tommyj27 said:
on the shampoo front, i've become a fan of
garnier%20fructis.jpg

it just smells so damned good.
Thank you for that. I've been looking for a better reason to buy this stuff besides that the bottle is green and because I like the commercial where the girl with the long hair rips the bar out of the wall. :D

kuulani

I just started using that shampoo/conditioner too ... right after I borrowed the fructis gel from my brother.

I never thought I'd see the day I'd be using the same hair products as my brother!