You are free to support Bush.....Only Bush.

markjs

Banned
Free speech, Bush style
by kos
Tue Oct 26th, 2004 at 17:46:27 GMT

An email from Wisconsin.
A friend with a child in the Richland County,WI high school where George Bush appears today reports the following. Students were told they could not wear any pro-Kerry clothing or buttons or protest in any manner, at the risk of expulsion. After a parent inquired, an alternative activity will be provided, probably a movie being shown in an auditorium. (The school secretary reportedly said that students had the choice of just staying home if they didn't want to attend the Bush rally, but the principal subsequently offered an alternative.)
If Bush comes to a high school, how dare his campaign dictate what students can wear?
This is out of control.

Update: Rachel Schultz is the superintendent of Richland Center School District in Wisconsin (where students were told not to wear any Kerry regalia during Bush's visit). Turns out Rachel is married to Dale Schultz, Republican candidate for Congress in the 3rd Congressional District in Wisconsin.

Source

Leslie

Communistrator
Staff member
I'm sure when Kerry does cheesy unbelievable stuff like this he requests/requires the same thing. Pretty crappy PhotoOp with the other person's paraphanelia decorating the pics.

Leslie

Communistrator
Staff member
It was Bush this piece was slammin. Kerry prolly did the same thing today too. And they both have prolly done it ten, twenty times a day since the day this godforsaken election began.

Gonz

molṑn labé
Staff member
If Bush comes to a high school, how dare his campaign dictate what students can wear?

He can't, he doesn't, he won't. The school, in a manner & matter of goodwill, can.

freako104

I am with Gonz. If it was Kerry I wonder if the school once again would not allow Pro Bush propoganda. This situation was Bush and the report itself said it was the school and there was an alternative for those who did not want to participate as well as the chance to stay home and not have an absense

Gato_Solo

Out-freaking-standing OTC member
Me thinks the hypocrites doth come out fully today...:rolleyes:

You're grasping at straws, markjs. Just because an anti-Bush site exists, doesn't mean that everything they put out there is true. Hell...they can't even decide when that 380 tons of ammo disappeared...before or after the invasion...and even if it was after the invasion, how could that be Bush's fault? If those folks weren't there, they should just keep their traps shut, because the only person they hurt with those outlandish claims is...Kerry.

Thulsa Doom

actually the bush people tend to be MUCH more gastapo then the kerry people when it comes to letting non supporters in. there have been cases of republicans being threatened with arrest becuase they brought in children who had kerry stickers in their WALLET for gods sake. ive heard half a dozen horror stories like this. and while im sure kerry isnt just letting in everyone off the streets himself, i have SEVERAL times seen news reports with loud mouth republican hecklers in the audiance and kerry has responded by saying see WE allow people of a different opinion to listen to what i have to say blah blah. where as when someone declares themself a democrat at a bush rally they arent allowed in. so there DOES seem to be a difference. granted, bush can hide behind the whole security - terrorist - secret service thing as an excuse to be extra vigilant but i mean do terrorists really carry kerry stickers in their wallet? dont answer that gonz...

Gato_Solo

Thulsa Doom said:
actually the bush people tend to be MUCH more gastapo then the kerry people when it comes to letting non supporters in. there have been cases of republicans being threatened with arrest becuase they brought in children who had kerry stickers in their WALLET for gods sake. ive heard half a dozen horror stories like this. and while im sure kerry isnt just letting in everyone off the streets himself, i have SEVERAL times seen news reports with loud mouth republican hecklers in the audiance and kerry has responded by saying see WE allow people of a different opinion to listen to what i have to say blah blah. where as when someone declares themself a democrat at a bush rally they arent allowed in. so there DOES seem to be a difference. granted, bush can hide behind the whole security - terrorist - secret service thing as an excuse to be extra vigilant but i mean do terrorists really carry kerry stickers in their wallet? dont answer that gonz...

So you were okay with the Democratic Convention, and their 'cage' for the opposition? Once more, hypocrisy reigns, and polite discourse is forgotten...

freako104

that was NOT ok and you know it. If we can protest you, then you can protest us. The problem is that the protesters on both sides will be getting some hostilities and can be hostile themselves

Gato_Solo

freako104 said:
that was NOT ok and you know it. If we can protest you, then you can protest us. The problem is that the protesters on both sides will be getting some hostilities and can be hostile themselves

Easy there, freako. That quote was meant for somebody else...;)

Thulsa Doom

Gato_Solo said:
So you were okay with the Democratic Convention, and their 'cage' for the opposition? Once more, hypocrisy reigns, and polite discourse is forgotten...

Polite discourse? what are you babbling about. we were talking about campaign rallies not the democratic convention. go ahead and find me the old post where i said anything defending the democratic convention thanks.

Gato_Solo

Thulsa Doom said:
Polite discourse? what are you babbling about. we were talking about campaign rallies not the democratic convention. go ahead and find me the old post where i said anything defending the democratic convention thanks.

Never said you did...I was only pointing out the hypocrisy of your statement that, and I quote...

TD said:
actually the bush people tend to be MUCH more gastapo then the kerry people when it comes to letting non supporters in. there have been cases of republicans being threatened with arrest becuase they brought in children who had kerry stickers in their WALLET for gods sake. ive heard half a dozen horror stories like this.

Now the second sentence is even more ridiculous. Where is your source? If you don't have anything other than 'he said, she said', then you shouldn't have said anything on your own. We both ought to know better than that , right? ;)

Thulsa Doom

oh i see. you are saying i made it up out of thin air then? didnt realize this wasnt a message board where you speak your mind but instead was the supreme court and you needed 16 certified proofs of fact before you could type a simple comment.

EDIT: There you go slick. Knock yourself out. Political Screening at Bush Campaign Events You can hear every word yourself. Now what was that hypocrisy thing again? :D Ill await your next predictable step of ridiculing the media source for its bias. ;)

freako104

Gato_Solo said:
Easy there, freako. That quote was meant for somebody else...;)

sorry but I try not to be a hypocrite and felt you were meaning all us libs are hypocritical

Gato_Solo

Thulsa Doom said:
oh i see. you are saying i made it up out of thin air then? didnt realize this wasnt a message board where you speak your mind but instead was the supreme court and you needed 16 certified proofs of fact before you could type a simple comment.

EDIT: There you go slick. Knock yourself out. Political Screening at Bush Campaign Events You can hear every word yourself. Now what was that hypocrisy thing again? :D Ill await your next predictable step of ridiculing the media source for its bias. ;)

If that's the only source you have, then, yes, I'm going to ridicule it...As for needing proofs, you demand them often enough yourself, so don't cast stones. ;)

If you knew you were posting propaganda, then why even go through the effort of posting it? ;)

Thulsa Doom

Gato_Solo said:
If that's the only source you have, then, yes, I'm going to ridicule it...

Ha ha! I love when people define a "good source" as only one that corresponds to their way of thinking. Everything else is "propaganda". :D Classic.