You cannot be freaking serious...

Professur

"Tomkitten's" 'first poop' goes on display in New York

Wed Aug 30, 5:24 PM ET

NEW YORK (AFP) - Tom Cruise and Katie Holmes have yet to show their baby daughter off in public, but eager fans were given an unusual preview with the chance to see a bronze cast depicting her first solid stool.
capt.sge.ivd65.300806212449.photo00.photo.default-512x368.jpg

The scatological sculpture -- more doodoo than Dada -- is purportedly cast from 19-week old Suri's first bowel movement and will be shown at the Capla Kesting gallery in Brooklyn, New York, before being auctioned off for charity.

The artist behind the work, Daniel Edwards, previously courted controversy with a life-size nude sculpture of pop star Britney Spears giving birth on a bearskin rug. That work was shown at the same gallery in April.

"A bronzed cast of baby's first poop can be a meaningful memento for the family," gallery director David Kesting said, adding that he hoped the work would attract bids of up to 25 or 30,000 dollars.

The sculpture, which sits on a wooden mounting with a glass casing, is to be sold on eBay next month with proceeds from the sale going to infant health charity March Of Dimes.

As of Wednesday it had attracted a top bid of 41 dollars.

"Mission: Impossible" star Cruise and Holmes announced Suri's birth in April. The entertainment press, which dubbed the pair "TomKat," has shown a seemingly insatiable appetite for news of the pair and their "TomKitten."

A spokeman for the couple was not immediately available Wednesday to comment on the sculpture.

source

Professur

Damn...I knew my Mother didn't love me...all she bronzed was my shoes.

Actually, she loved you less than you think. It was the dog poop you'd stepped in that she was preserving. Your shoes were jsut the display pedestal.

Luis G

<i><b>Problemator</b></i>
Staff member
I still remember that discussion I had with Ms Ann Throppe about my disagreement with what is considered art today. While I ended up agreeing on some of her points....

This is just a load of crap.

spike

Since no one has seen their baby I heard a morning show suggest that they're "hiding a little water-head in the basement".

Spirit

Kissy Goddess
Tomkitten? That's just plain stupid. Bronzing shit? He's lost his mind. But what's Katie's excuse???

Gonz

molṑn labé
Staff member
brand new kids have well formed stools? I don't recall it being that easy.

BB

I still remember that discussion I had with Ms Ann Throppe about my disagreement with what is considered art today. While I ended up agreeing on some of her points....

This is just a load of crap.

:D .. veritably.

heh, is Hasty (Ms Ann Throppe) on here too?

BB

maybe the baby IS a freak - this is hollywood after all - any baby being hid from view in a basement and doing bronze stools ...

*imagines elite rapid response stool team leaping into action - after an all night vigil with the machine that goes bleep as the first dramtic momment happened ... sirens flashing, bodyguards, film crew etc ...*

:crap:

tonksy

brand new kids have well formed stools? I don't recall it being that easy.

They said first "solid stool"....which if I am remember correctly doesn't occur in a nursing baby until they begin to eat cereal or strained food (3-6 months)...how old would this kitten be?

Nixy

Elimi-nistrator
Staff member
They said first "solid stool"....which if I am remember correctly doesn't occur in a nursing baby until they begin to eat cereal or strained food (3-6 months)...how old would this kitten be?

It says 19 weeks...3-4 months