You do WHAT?!

Leslie

Communistrator
Staff member
:eek: Home schooling? Ack! :eek:

My school age ones are being ok, just a whole lot of general bickering, and I think the oldest (8) misses school, we're suddenly getting into watching all manner of documentaries, reading children's encyclopaedias and he's started with really odd questions out of the blue. 15 minutes ago, he wanted to know how long the air supply lasts for astronauts on a space walk. :retard:

PT

Off 'Motherfuckin' Topic Elite
Damn I just love 8 year old questions.

When my oldest son, who is 13 now, was 8 he looked at me one day when I was smoking a cigarette and asked me "Daddy, why do you want to die?"

Leslie

Communistrator
Staff member
I have 3 boys, 8,6,4, the four year old starts school 3 days a week in September. *pauses to thank the gods*

Nixy

Elimi-nistrator
Staff member
He just didn't nderstand puter tutor. He prolly never heard how cigarettes are addictive and lots of people continue to smoke them even though they don't want to. he prolly only ever heard that they kill you.

Les: Your son sounds like a very knowledge thirsty little boy. Maybe a trip to the science centre is in order? That place is AMAZING!

kuulani

Let's see, what am I? I do the Research at the Edith Kanakaole Foundation, which basically means I translate everything into English and work on Hawaiian Studies curriculum. I graduated with my BA in Hawaiian Studies in 1998, and my MEd in 2001.

Currently thinking about getting a PhD ... but I'm not ready to go back to school yet.

Shadowfax

<b>mod cow</b>
Leslie said:
15 minutes ago, he wanted to know how long the air supply lasts for astronauts on a space walk. :retard:

Most of the time a max. of 6 hours. On Space Station spacewalks that is. On the Mir repairs took over 8 hours straight :eek:

Oh, and questions concerning space are never :retard:, they're :headbang:
If he has any more questions, just let him ask :headbang: :headbang:

Kids, they're great.

ris

currently out of work and looking for a job as an architectural assistant, i finished my last job teaching at the welsh school of architecture, cardiff a month ago. i've taught for two years, mainly years one and two of the BSc.

i finished my BSc in 1998 with a 22 in architectural studies

i finished my BArch in 2000 with a double commendation and design award

i finished my MPhil in architectural and urban design in may and graduated last week. my thesis was onthe uses of natural light in european ecclesiastical arhcitecture, post war. method probly more interesting than results.

i want to work in scandinavia for 2-3 years [to start with], finland, denmark and norway. the quality and high regard for design, materials, light and tectonics is the main lure and i have great deal to learn.

next stage, professional qualification, either here in the uk after i return or out there if i like it that much. probly 3 years away, i'm in no rush.

Leslie

Communistrator
Staff member
Shadowfax said:
Leslie said:
15 minutes ago, he wanted to know how long the air supply lasts for astronauts on a space walk. :retard:

Most of the time a max. of 6 hours. On Space Station spacewalks that is. On the Mir repairs took over 8 hours straight :eek:

Oh, and questions concerning space are never :retard:, they're :headbang:
If he has any more questions, just let him ask :headbang: :headbang:

Kids, they're great.
Thanks for the answer! :D :headbang: I love that he's asking questions, I encourage it, he's so smart, though, that they make me feel :retard: :laugh:

Leslie

Communistrator
Staff member
I just told him about the reply, and he wants me to say thanks. :)

I asked if he had any more questions I could ask the cow guy, and he said, "no thank you, I just wanted to know because someday I want to go there and I wanted to know how long I could be outside because sitting in the shuttle would be pretty boring." :laugh:

kuulani

Leslie said:
I just told him about the reply, and he wants me to say thanks. :)

I asked if he had any more questions I could ask the cow guy, and he said, "no thank you, I just wanted to know because someday I want to go there and I wanted to know how long I could be outside because sitting in the shuttle would be pretty boring." :laugh:

The cow guy is great!!
Your son sounds great too!!