You know what get's me really riled?

Gato_Solo

Out-freaking-standing OTC member
When this kind of thing happens...

MILWAUKEE — A radio talk show host drew criticism Thursday after calling Condoleezza Rice (search) an "Aunt Jemima" and saying she isn't competent to be secretary of state.

Where does he get off with this crap? Where are the protests? Where is the righteous indignity of the people? There's more...

Sylvester, who is white, also referred to Powell as an "Uncle Tom" — a contemptuous term for a black whose behavior toward whites is regarded as fawning or servile.

He said Thursday night that he was referring to remarks by singer and civil rights activist Harry Belafonte that the price of admittance for blacks to the Bush White House was subservience.

Guess nobody cares because the attack is on conservative people, huh? Hypocrites. Until you can learn that equality means giving the same respect to those you do not agree with, there's always going to be this kind of thing going unchallenged...

Just so you know...

chcr

Too cute for words
Gato_Solo said:

Where does he get off with this crap? Where are the protests? Where is the righteous indignity of the people? There's more...

Guess nobody cares because the attack is on conservative people, huh? Hypocrites. Until you can learn that equality means giving the same respect to those you do not agree with, there's always going to be this kind of thing going unchallenged...

Just so you know...

First I heard about it. Outrageous. Why do you suppose it is that so few people understand that calling a black person "Uncle Tom" or "Aunt Jemima" is tantamount to calling them erm... the n-word or jungle bunny or any other of a thousand denigrating perjoratives? This guy is a bigot, pure and simple. I'm sure he doesn't think so, though.

Gato_Solo

chcr said:
First I heard about it. Outrageous. Why do you suppose it is that so few people understand that calling a black person "Uncle Tom" or "Aunt Jemima" is tantamount to calling them erm... the n-word or jungle bunny or any other of a thousand dengrating perjoratives? This guy is a bigot, pure and simple. I'm sure he doesn't think so, though.

Here's the worst part about it...I'm the first black person I know of that's voicing a complaint. :mad:

Gato_Solo

chcr said:
That's a little sad, isn't it?

That's not the half. It means that we, as a people, have actually bought into the stereotype that, if a black person is successful, we had a white person who gave us our success. :mad:

markjs

Banned
I agree with you Gato. Rice and Powell have some well earned respect coming to them,

Persoally I thought they (mostly condi) were sort of token appointments at first but they proved capable enough.

The only problem I have with condi is looking at her (ugh) but I would never say that on national media, and by the way sometimes she looks ok.....Sometimes not.

chcr

Too cute for words
Evidently some opinions are getting sent, their web site isn't responding very well. you can only hope someone is pointing out to this horse's ass what a prejudiced moron he really is.

HomeLAN

Gato_Solo said:
Guess nobody cares because the attack is on conservative people, huh? Hypocrites.Just so you know...

Bingo! What the fuck else is new?

Criticize a conservative using low blows, and you're an advocate for the little guy. Do the same to a liberal, and you're a slave to corporate masters (at best), or a racist (more likely).

Tired of the double standard yet? I assure you, I am.

markjs

Banned
Your tire about the double standard? Make a leftist stand and I am a liberal nutjob, I am un-american and anti patriotic.

Make a conservative stand and you are a man of conviction a patriot and a didtinguished gentleman. That sword cuts both ways....

Didn't notice that I sided against the talk show host? Or am I doing it to support my vast left wong conspiracy?

Gato_Solo

markjs said:
Your tire about the double standard? Make a leftist stand and I am a liberal nutjob, I am un-american and anti patriotic.

Make a conservative stand and you are a man of conviction a patriot and a didtinguished gentleman. That sword cuts both ways....

Didn't notice that I sided against the talk show host? Or am I doing it to support my vast left wong conspiracy?

Do I have a choice? Okay...I choose conspiracy. :p

If you give someone the ability to choose stupidly, that's exactly what they'll do. ;)

Back to this...When Harry Belafonte called Colin Powell a 'House Negro' back in 2000, the same thing happened...absolutely nothing. No great outcry, and no attempt to justify the matter. This is the second time. How can the so-called 'liberals' claim to be there for every man, when they have such a low opinion of those in power, it clouds their vision to a problem right in front of them? At least the conservative side is honest in their hypocrisy...the liberals only show up when it's somebody they like.

HomeLAN

I am un-american and anti patriotic.

Show me where I've said that.

In addition, show me a recognized national media outlet that says that about Michael Moore, et al in supposed "straight news". I can show you plenty of examples the other way in just such outlets.

There is a double standard Mark, and it works against conservatives in the national media. Get over it.

Gonz

molṑn labé
Staff member
markjs said:

Make a conservative stand and you are a man of conviction a patriot and a didtinguished gentleman.

See now, you're coming around.

As far as the chickenshit comment goes, I've begun noticing that the compassionate left is teh only group making jokes at the expense of "minorities". Anybody hear Carvilles joke on homosexuals? How many high profile minorities do the Dems support?

I can point out multitudes of left leaning improprieties regarding gender, race, religion, sexual preference. I can equally poinmt out multitudes of the right evening the playing field yet we're still the bad guys. Go figure.

SouthernN'Proud

Southern Discomfort
We all know which network news telecasts to watch to get our own personal spin. No big secret.

As to the topic at hand, this is the first I've heard of it as well. Pretty disgusting in my book. I have immense respect for Colin Powell, and my opinion of Ms Rice grows daily. Just because some nimrod got access to a microphone and a transmittor concurrently makes no statement as to anyone agreeing with the nonsense he spouts.

If he runs for either party in '08, I'll likely cast a vote his way.

Winky

Condi for Sec.

HomeLAN said:

Actually as a conservative I like the
"double standard"
I wouldn't want to be judged by the same standards
as leftists. Trent Lott made an off colour comment
and was sacked. The lefty's denigrate minorities
yet supposedly still garner a large portion of their votes. I believe we will see a mass migration of minorities to the Republican side in the years ahead.

Heck the funny thing is, the lefties are shooting down eminently qualified
minority candidates while Conservatives are nominating them for these positions.

Soon even the slowest people will read the large type font writing on the wall.

chcr

Too cute for words
HomeLAN said:

Been tired of it for a while now. :grinyes:

I guess "ebonics" was the thing that made me more than peripherally aware of it. Where was the outrage, the righteous indignation and the protests over that one. Since then I've just watched it get worse and worse. Not being a member of any of the groups that have been denigrated by the "enlightened left" I don't usually comment, but I can't usually understand why no one does. :shrug:

Gato_Solo

For somebody with "a long history of supporting Madison's black community", he has no clue.

abooja

I think it's appalling what's being said about Condoleezza Rice, more so because the black community does not seem to have condemned it. It is unimaginable that a conservative journalist could get away with similar comments about a black woman in public office.

How's this for offensive? :mad:

condicartoon_1.jpg

freako104

Gato_Solo said:

Just so you know...

I can understand if they were saying she is not fit because they dont agree with her ideals and such but to say what they said was uncalled for. I wonder if the FCC will fine them or pull them off the air