You say Tom-ay-to, I say Sal-mon-el-la

Inkara1

Sometimes I'll have to shit after eating an overly greasy burger, and McDonald's burgers tend to be greasy. The meat itself is real beef.

BlurOfSerenity

i live in maryland, where our tomatoes are safe, but people are still being all paranoid about it. i tried to go to subway the other day, before i knew about any of this, and they were like, "nope! no tomato!" which was sad because it's an integral part of why i love the sandwich i get. so i took it home and put some of my own on it, and cut up the rest of the tomato and ate it with salt, while i was at it.
i went to a local diner last night, and they were out and proud with the tomato, yay!

i just wonder what will happen at taco bell here. when the scare with the green onions/scallions happened they stopped putting them on the mexican pizzas, and that ws a couple of years ago and they still don't. i haven't been there recently enough to see if they're omiting tomatoes (how would one do fresco style, if so?), but if they are, and if the scallion thing is any indication... lol.
according to jjr512, by the way, taco bell ground beef is 33% beef, and the rest is oatmeal and soy.

Inkara1

Yes, they've pulled tomatoes at Taco Bell. I forgot to ask how they would do fresco style.

California tomatoes are supposedly safe too.