Your ass is grass.

SouthernN'Proud

Southern Discomfort
Re: You ass is grass.

And if it had been your kid he shot, how justifiable would it have been? Had it been you, yer saying you would have just packed up and moved to placate the old codger?

Bullshit and you know it.

Professur

SouthernN'Proud said:
And if it had been your kid he shot, how justifiable would it have been? Had it been you, yer saying you would have just packed up and moved to placate the old codger?

I'd have whupped my kid for walking across his lawn in the first place.

tonksy

Professur said:
I'd have whupped my kid for walking across his lawn in the first place.
:wstupid:
If this was ongoing obviously they weren't the respectful type. Not that I am at all condoning the old goat's actions.

catocom

me too.
2 assholes don't make an ass whole. :D
When I lived in town, as a boy, we had neighbors around that didn't get long.
We knew who to stay away from. (different time and age though.)

HomeLAN

You got non-threatening trespassing issues, you call the cops. You don't off a 15YO with a shotgun. It's called an appropriate response.

Gonz

molṑn labé
Staff member
catocom said:
We knew who to stay away from.

These days, it's more fun to pester to a point of violence then claim innocence.

Profs idea is correct. Make the kids stay away & avoid the old fuck like the plague.

Homey, the cops quit responding at some old goats complaints when, in reality, there is nothing they can do without witnessing the event. The old codger ends up looking like a fool & the family continues to get their jollies.

catocom

I'd already have a surveillance camera in place long before the cop call.
Hell, I've got um now, and no problems...yet. Also have the no trespassing
signs, and am more lenient anyway.
The neighborhood is growing though, and certain precautions just make sense IMO. :)

catocom

SouthernN'Proud said:
Y'all make me even happier that I live in the middle of nowhere.
I used to live in the country, but the "city moved here". :crying4:
I waited too late to sell, and the option has already been stifled now.
I'd have to take a loss.

Gato_Solo

Out-freaking-standing OTC member

SouthernN'Proud said:

1. My kids wouldn't have walked on the old man's lawn. If I've taught them anything, it's that respect is of paramount importance. If avoiding something is the best way to keep that respect then that is the path you take. If it can't be avoided then do the least amount of damage to placate the problem. Anger and hate only build anger and hate. As for moving? Depends upon how dire the situation actually was. I don't believe that I would worry too much about a 66 year old Navy retiree, anyway, as we'd've probably ended up spending our week-ends drinking beer, and complaining about how much military life has changed since we first joined...

AlphaTroll

I'm sorry, but there is absolutely nothing that guy can say that would justify shooting a kid for walking over his lawn. It's grass ffs - it'll grow no matter whether or not people walk on it.

SouthernN'Proud

Southern Discomfort

Gato_Solo said:
1. My kids wouldn't have walked on the old man's lawn. If I've taught them anything, it's that respect is of paramount importance. If avoiding something is the best way to keep that respect then that is the path you take. If it can't be avoided then do the least amount of damage to placate the problem. Anger and hate only build anger and hate. As for moving? Depends upon how dire the situation actually was. I don't believe that I would worry too much about a 66 year old Navy retiree, anyway, as we'd've probably ended up spending our week-ends drinking beer, and complaining about how much military life has changed since we first joined...

And of course you never did anything your folks told you not to do.

Y'all defend this guy all you like. He belongs in a psych ward behind bars.

Gonz

molṑn labé
Staff member

having witnessed harassment of people like this gives reason to pause

Gato_Solo

Out-freaking-standing OTC member

SouthernN'Proud said:
And of course you never did anything your folks told you not to do.

Not with the neighborhood psycho's...and when i did do things I wasn't supposed to, I'd usually get ratted out sometime in the future, and paid the price for it, too...I had 'old school' parents.

SNP said:
Y'all defend this guy all you like. He belongs in a psych ward behind bars.

Not defending him at all. I said his actions were extreme.