Your dream hoiday destination...

Professur

I'm heading to my fav destination tonight. The small mouths were biting something fierce last weekend, and they're only getting bigger and smarter as the weeks go by.

Nixy

Elimi-nistrator
Staff member
I'm sad I never made it to your cottage. I wasn't really in the best place during the time between graduation and moving here...I really wanted to come but I hardly had the drive to get myself to the grocery store most days. Things are much better now... :) but now I'm so far away :(

Nixy

Elimi-nistrator
Staff member
That would be a good stop over point for a cross country road trip. I just need to find someone to do it with, I think that'd be awesome. Start here and end up at my grandmother's in NFLD.

Mare

My place of choice, that i even have day dreams is:

ANYWHERE THAT IS NOT HOME! AND DOES NOT INVOLVE KIDS!

Gato_Solo

Out-freaking-standing OTC member
I'd like to go to Japan as well. I've been through there, but never stayed for any length of time. Hawaii is also on my list...just to say I've been there. I've already been to Bosnia, Spain and Germany, but no other European country. Perhaps England, Italy or Greece...

Nixy

Elimi-nistrator
Staff member
Oh, Greece! Be still my heart! I loved Greece and want to go back so bad! When I get married I believe I'd like to honeymoon on a Greek island and spend some more time in Athens :)

JTP

I'm heading to my fav destination tonight. The small mouths were biting something fierce last weekend, and they're only getting bigger and smarter as the weeks go by.

WOOT!
"Nobody ever caught a fish on a dry hook".- my Grandaddy

Professur

yer Grandaddy was wrong. My dry flies were killer in the trout stream. Nothing big enough to keep, tho I wasn't really in the mood to keep anything anyhow. But I definitely nailed the hatch. Grasshoppers, FYI.

JTP

yer Grandaddy was wrong. My dry flies were killer in the trout stream. Nothing big enough to keep, tho I wasn't really in the mood to keep anything anyhow. But I definitely nailed the hatch. Grasshoppers, FYI.

Good cast! When I first got to Wyoming I asked if it was a "dry county"- they thought it was in ref. to fly fishing!

"If you can read this T-shirt, you're fishing too close"!

tonksy

My claim to fame is that I caught an 8 lb. catfish with the tin foil from a pack of Camel Lights.

MrBishop

Me thinks his Granpappy might've meant - You're not going to catch anything if you don't put a hook in the water, eh.

Mind you...I've hand-caught a few stupid trouts :D

MrBishop

My claim to fame is that I caught an 8 lb. catfish with the tin foil from a pack of Camel Lights.
Damn near caught a turtle with a marshmallow on a hook.

me - damn, but that's a big fish hmmm
me - that ain't no damn fish! Crap!
Pulled the hook out of the water before the turtle caught on.

I have been known to catch the odd 7ton, 30' long birch. :D
Those puppies are tough to mount.

MrBishop

Ever see a tree catch a fish?

Saw it once a few years ago. Some fisherman who'd lost his line off of an overhanging branch. The hook had loosened from the branch somehow and had enough line to hang in the water. Some fish thought "Lunch" and went for it.

Shaking tree branch, jumping fish...laughed my ass off. Cut the lure down but couldn't bring teh fish in :(

Luis G

<i><b>Problemator</b></i>
Staff member
In Mexico:
- Cañon del sumidero
- Barranca del cobre
- Chichenitza, Uxmal, Tulum and Palenque.
- Agua Azul

In other countries:
- Africa: Alexandria, Luxor, Cairo, Giza, Congo, wildlife excursions (thou I don't know the name of places), South Africa, Madagascar.

- America: Rio de Janeiro, Sao Paolo, Habana, Quito, Nazca, Cusco, Jamaica (don't know names of cities in there), Dominic Republic, Atlanta, Las Vegas, New York, San Antonio, Vancouver, Toronto, Calgary, Quebec.

- Asia: Petra, Dubai, Beijing, Tokyo, New Delhi, Indonesia, Singapur, Bangkok, Hong Kong.

- Europe: Athens, Esparta, Rome, Venice, Florencia, Paris, Nice, Madrid, Barcelona, London, Liverpool, Dublin, Munich, Berlin, Viena, Prague, Amsterdam, Stockholm, Oslo, Moscow, Stalingrad, St. Petersburg

Oceania: Sydney, Melbourne, New Zealand.

Impossible sites would be Baghdad, Dead Sea and Jerusalem.

Edit: Didn't include cities of my northern neighbours. And I'm probably forgetting a ton of places from around the world.

Gato_Solo

Out-freaking-standing OTC member
In Mexico:
- Cañon del sumidero
- Barranca del cobre
- Chichenitza, Uxmal, Tulum and Palenque.
- Agua Azul

In other countries:
- Africa: Alexandria, Luxor, Cairo, Giza, Congo, wildlife excursions (thou I don't know the name of places), South Africa, Madagascar.

- America: Rio de Janeiro, Sao Paolo, Habana, Quito, Nazca, Cusco, Jamaica (don't know names of cities in there), Dominic Republic, Atlanta, Las Vegas, New York, San Antonio, Vancouver, Toronto, Calgary, Quebec.

- Asia: Petra, Dubai, Beijing, Tokyo, New Delhi, Indonesia, Singapur, Bangkok, Hong Kong.

- Europe: Athens, Esparta, Rome, Venice, Florencia, Paris, Nice, Madrid, Barcelona, London, Liverpool, Dublin, Munich, Berlin, Viena, Prague, Amsterdam, Stockholm, Oslo, Moscow, Stalingrad, St. Petersburg

Oceania: Sydney, Melbourne, New Zealand.

Impossible sites would be Baghdad, Dead Sea and Jerusalem.

Edit: Didn't include cities of my northern neighbours. And I'm probably forgetting a ton of places from around the world.

Baghdad isn't impossible...provide you're willing to give up 4 to 8 years of your life...;)...I've been there.