Your front door as a path into your mind

tonksy

unclehobart said:
Lots of space that is eeirly empty. Only a few pieces of furniture ... not even a couch. Only one picture is up in my entire house ... and that is one that my mom put up because the stark empitness was freaking her out. No books or magazines in sight. My dining room table has been comsumed by all of the paperwork in my life.
i'd go crazy and color on the wall or something......

unclehobart

My dad just built his retirement house in Florida. Hes going to be moving into it next spring. I will be the recipient of most of the family heirlooms and whatnot. 80% of it is some really nice pieces... and all for free. If I stock up my house with stuff from a store, it will cost a small fortune and not be nearly the same quality. My emptiness is more 'watch and wait' pragmatism than any kind of soul reflectivity.

breaky

my bed lies in the middles of the room, accessible for all, and everything can be seen or is within reach from this spot, and i like it that way, it's both a couch and my sleep nest. i used to have a cat lying at the doorstep but no more

AlphaTroll

At mine you'll find lots of colour - mostly blues, purples, greens and burgundy.

Plenty of candles, sometimes a stick of insence burning. Never harsh lights.

Biggest allowance to chaos is the fact that I always seem to be rearranging my closets to try & fit everything in.

But if you walk in on a Sunday you'll probably find me with my hair in a towel, nails drying & facial mask on. Slippers on the feet, trying to recover from the traditional family Sunday lunch.